World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 10:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: ProjectMyhem's introduction
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ProjectMyhem's introduction  (Read 5205 times)
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: January 15, 2011, 08:19:57 PM »

I'm a 24 year old male living somewhere on the East coast of the United States. I have been role playing in some way, shape or form for about 12 years.

How did I hear about this site? I'm a member of Elliquiy under the same username. I generally do free form play over IMs and don't really use any systems. I am very open minded and am willing to hear someone out if they have a well formed idea. I consider my command of the English language to be quite good.

Things of an adult nature that I do not enjoy would be: Vore, Gore (gore for sexual gratification that is, if there is a battle or action scene, I am okay with it), I am not a fan of fecal play...and I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them at the moment. The easiest way to find out is to simply ask me. I do not judge.

Writing Sample:

He had to get out of there. He knew this the moment that RPG was launched and saw it headed toward their position . Time slowed down, he was keenly aware of his heart beating away in his chest like a jackhammer in anticipation of what was to come. All he heard was the sound of heart thumping against his breastbone and the dull, rapidfire sound of his boots hitting the ground as his feet carried him away from the humvee as swiftly as humanly posible. When he was about 20 or so meters away from it, the RPG hit. The blast had ripped through the humvee as if it'd been made of tin. The the shockwave from the explosion hit him less than a second later. After the wind was knocked out of him he didn't remember hitting the ground. He must have been out a couple of minutes at least. When he finally came around, he coughed up some blood and spit it onto the ground before rolling over weakly. He felt something warm streaming from his ears. Looking around in a bit of a daze, he reached up touch his ears. Pulling his hand back, he saw that his fingers had blood on them. His ear drums had burst...so that's why it felt like someone had stuffed cotton in his ears.

Not adult but just a sample.
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:42:47 PM »

Forgot to add that I have read and understand the site rules.
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »

On a side note: I have been playing WAY too much Far Cry 2.
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »

Hello and welcome ProjectMyhem.  Applications are a little slow to process on the weekend, just wanted to give you a head's up.  Alright, for your getting to know you question.... between a historical war zone or a futuristic space station that is falling apart risking the death of thousands, which would be your preferred setting to write a romance story in?  And why?

Or which would be the most interesting place to create an action scene, a two hundred year old public library or a family vacation in a desert state park.  And , of course, why?

projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:44:45 PM »

Why...why must you do this to me? Historical war zones can be awesome and if filmed correctly it makes you feel like you're there because it's still very real, you can relate on some level. But I absolutely love sci-fi.  I would have to choose a futuristic war ravaged space station. The potential for awesomeness is great. Explosions, faulty electrical components, random depressurization of parts of the station, loss of gravity. Ohh.....so many possibilities. And trying to find a loved one amongst all this makes it even better.

Hrm, a two hundrer year old public library. Lot's of room for cover, rooms....you'll never know what is waiting for you just around the corner. In the desert...you're kinda just out in the open, exposed to the elements.

Fortune
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »

The weekends seem pretty slow here, so since I'm one of the few online right now, WELCOME! Smiley

And as for the standard opening question, your top 5 all-time favorite movies? (Personal choices now, no need to clutter the list with Casablanca and Dr. Zhivago.)

Love is easier made than kept! - The Chariot

Open for new RPs, PM if interested.
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:41:56 AM »

I am a lover of film. I honestly don't know how to answer that question. I love so many of them. The list is constantly fluctuating....my top 20 would be an easier task. But...here we go:

Gattaca
Inception
Downfall (Der Untergang)
Before Sunrise
Saving Private Ryan
Lilias
La Blanche
Femme Fatale
Hunted

Referrals: 702

Pas a pas se va luènh.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 04:22:04 AM »

Welcome to our writing nook! Smiley

Since we've mentioned movies already, let's talk books for a while. Which reads have influenced your roleplaying most? Not necessarily in the fanfic sense, more like in favourite genres, settings and characters.

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill.
The Lists <> The Games <> Journal

NaNoWriMo 2013: Won at 52,268 words!
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »

Sorry for the delay Myhem.  Welcome to the site.  We're actually mostly in public site, but there are no rules against PM RP, just make sure you don't engage in any content that is against the rules and enjoy your stay with us.  Hope you find a niche.  Wink

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

Welcome aboard! Glade to make your acquaintance. Smiley

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »

Hey guys, I appreciate the welcome.

Well, Sci-fi is a love of mine. Ender's Game, Neuromancer, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, 1984, Atlas Shrugged, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Count of Monte Cristo, Magician's Guild Trilogy....I'm sure there are more.
That_Was_Zen
Fella
Person of Interest

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 12:54:38 AM »

Welcome indeed!

Ah yes.  Ender's Game is one of my favorites.   Should Card have stopped writing in the series after the first?  Smiley
For that matter, in your opinion, how often are sequels of movies and novels the equal or better of the original premise?

-Zen
projectmyhem
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 02:19:15 AM »

Ender's Game is phenomenal. I really identified with Ender.

I read a few of the others and they weren't bad. I still enjoyed them.

Unfortunately sequels are often not equal or better than the original premise.

Tags: Projectmyhem  project  myhem  intro  introduction 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: ProjectMyhem's introduction
Jump to: