World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 05:48:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Eirenspiritbird's introduction
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eirenspiritbird's introduction  (Read 5687 times)
Eirenspiritbird
Skirt
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: June 03, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »

Greetings to all of you. I am Eiren Spiritbird. He name isn't so much rpg as it is magickal. I honestly am not big into the rpg thing, however I have come to this site to try to cure my fear of writing.

This fear isn't that I don't think I can do it, it is a fear of not being able to get the stories out as they need to be.
I know there was a request for a writing sample, sadly, I do not have one.

As for what I am uncomfortable with writing about, I guess I won't know until I get there. As a female with a male point of view on things, there really isn't anything that makes me squicky. I do however love a nice cup of tea with a dirgable ride.

What I am interested in writing is a new twist on vamipres, werewolves, witches and the like... Underworld fiction is where I love to play. The shadows are far more fun to romp in.

I have read and understand the site rules and terms. 

"When looking up at the clouds, we will all see something different, unless the cloud looks distinctly like a bunny rabbit."
Kalen
Wordslinger
Fella
Wanted

Referrals: 12

Dear Sir or Madam, won't you read my book?

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »

Welcome to WET, Eiren. 

During the application process, we tend to ask a series of questions, some silly, some serious.  It's a feeling you out process, getting to know you.  As well, the information asked for  here is all vital.  You do need to state your age, provide a writing sample, etc.

So, as for questions... hmm. 

So, you like Underworld, with vampires, werewolves, witches... what would be your ideal character, for such a roleplay with someone?  What is their background, their motivation?  What are they trying to accomplish, and what are the challenges against them?

I heard the Music, and I wrote to it.
Some people beat drums. Some people strum guitars.
It’s all in the Music you hear.
Eirenspiritbird
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

I am 27, and a female. What I am trying to do is put some new spins on vampire lore. I am looking to change the aversion of all things "holy" to what they loved the most while living. What I would love to do is get a story lone going where someone is turned vamp and the thing they loved the most was a person. And dealing with those trials. Love at a distance. Loving someone so much that it could kill you.

I will have a writing sample shortly for you. Smiley

"When looking up at the clouds, we will all see something different, unless the cloud looks distinctly like a bunny rabbit."
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »

Well, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding people willing to rewrite the paranormal genre with you here.  We have a ton of creative and talented writers that are also usually happy to help give newer writers tips and pointers also.

If there was a competition for who could kill the most Anne Rice vampires in a set amount of time who would win, Buffy or Anita Blake? and why?

Eirenspiritbird
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »

I am going to have to give a third option. The two ladies while talented may not have the wits to kill some of Ann's host of vampires. I think that Sonja Blue from the sunglasses after dark series by Nancy A. Collins would have a better chance. She uses her mind to get the vampires to turn on one another. While she will slay a few by her own hand, she is the work smarter not harder type. I love smart slayers, ones that embrace the power of a woman. We are a crafty bunch.

Ivory Rose
Skirt
Hunter

Referrals: 2

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »

Wow! You really came!  HI!!!!!!

Eirenspiritbird
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 02:36:47 PM »

Here is my Writing Sample:

Hidden by shadow a single flame violates the dark, raising to meet a cigar. Breathing deeply he unleashes the putrid smoke into the air. The girl lain at his feet was just another face that he would have nightmares about. She hadn't been much, about five foot three, maybe a hundred pounds wet. But she did not need to die.  Kneeling next to her, he took a moment to brush the red hair from her face. Blue Eyes, pretty, and dead, what a waste. These thoughts came to him at every crime scene. Her face had tear stains, her dress torn and stained with her blood. Uniforms swarmed about him keeping the onlookers at bay, the reporters salivating for details, and leaving him alone to do his job.

He was Detective Joe Marks, the only one in the city who could solve crimes with just a single drop of blood. Blood held memories, held the truth to ones life and death.  The memories that remained in the blood gave him enough to make sure justice was served so another life could go on.

Pulling a cigar cutter from his pocket he cut the fire from it and place the reminder in his breast pocket. Never let a good Cuban go to waste. He lifted the young girls hand and brought her wrist to his lips and kissed it gently. I'm sorry for this, but you need to find peace, and I need justice. Letting her wrist fall gently to her side, he bent over her to see the blood on her chest, taking an eye dropper he siphoned some blood off the surface of her skin. Raising it to his lips, he squeezed her life into his mouth and the truth was revealed in a flash of ecstatic pain.

Eirenspiritbird
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »

Wow! You really came!  HI!!!!!!
I told you I would! I always keep my promises!!!!

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »

Welcome to WE&T.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I reccomend making a post in the rogues gallery with your likes and dislkies so that others have an idea if their writing will mesh with yours:

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=6.0

Also you will find people with story ideas looking for partners in the seeking areas which is where you can also post your own seeking ideas:

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=5.0

Welcome again!

Tags: Newb  introduction 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Eirenspiritbird's introduction
Jump to: