World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Thus, though we cannot make our sun ~ Stand still, yet we will make him run.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thus, though we cannot make our sun ~ Stand still, yet we will make him run.  (Read 19407 times)
Dawg
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: December 17, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »

* How did you hear about the site?
I was told about it's existence by a quiet bird in the darkness of night

* What sort of roleplay and/or writing have you done before?
I have been involved in roleplay since 76' - I cut my teeth with Gyax & Arneson Tactical Study Rules for Dungeons & Dragons (3 – Volume Set which I still have here at my desk), then progressed into various forms of roleplay from tabletop System Games to MUDD when they were the only source of games on the internet to forum Play by Post system games and roleplay

* Are there any games, genres, authors or game/fiction universes that you particularly do or don't like?
I can honestly say that it is more the writing partner and the storyline that interest me.  I could not pinpoint anyone thing that is a favortite of mine but historically I have gravitated to fantasy and my NaNoWriMo novel this year was based upon a half-orc outcast that found his place with a special sactum that fought for balance in the world.

* Are there any types of adult content that you do or don't like?
Any toiletries, furries are not on my like list and anything to do with Minors.  While I don't mind male/male scenes myself I am open aboiut them in others story's as well as a sidebar in my own story's.

It will speed up the approval process if you could copy and paste a paragraph or two of your writing into your post or provide a link to something of yours that is publicly accessible on the internet.
Here is an excerpt from a game I am currently in that has stalled but I would like to continue should I find the right partner for it.  The character at this point is being beat to near daeth by a couple of tough guys before they take her to the warehouse with plans to murder her for betraying the mob family they belong too.  This is from the characters perspective of losing consciousness near the end of the beating.

A quick spin and roll and she was around him next to the wall, her breath was coming heavy now as she bolted for the door hoping she could make it out.  As she reached for the knob she felt the body slam into her and pin her against the wall with crushing force and she could hear some ribs crack, the Ostrich had got her.  As she fell into the wall and her breath left her lungs she lost grip on her knife. Turning she caught with an upper cut in the solar plexus and could swear she heard bones snap, but his meaty paw found her jaw as it crushed into her and she fell.

Before she could roll over the boot came slamming into her already broken ribs  shooting a searing pain across her entire being and she began to realize this was it.  The fist and the boots started to fall on her then, like a heavy rain in a spring storm.  No part of her was left untouched. Pounding and pain mixed with the warm flow of blood from broken bruising skin was all she could register now.

She slipped out of consciousness.

Tiny shapes of wetness somewhere on her senses. Rain, maybe.

Or blood.

It stung. It sung. In wide, reaching arches, it roared about her body and spun around her in a suffocating wrap. It covered all of her. The beating, the wounds, the maw which permitted her to breath and the covering above the orbs which allowed her to see. She felt lethargic. She felt desperate. She thought she should fight but she didn't. Or maybe she couldn't. There in that dark  world, she sensed treasures taken and treasures bestowed. Life for afterlife. Struggled for peace. One moment of torment before it was over.

Just one more moment of torment; that was all.

Vision had not been an option for some time. Everything that was part of her was swollen, and her eyes were shut. The pain was an immovable mantle looping around her, stabbing in places, throbbing in others. All of it was made bearable by this place she was in, which was cold and dark and rushing and hot, hot, hot. It was only the fire that made it hard. The flames leaping down her throat and her lungs, charring her guts, clawing her eyeballs beneath their closed lids. It was this she wanted to escape. It was this she kicked and struted and reached against, flailing with all her might. Failing.

And then she was darkness.

She was dreams.

Please also clearly confirm the following:

* You are over 21 years old (or 18-21 with prior approval/invitation from site management to join), and it is legal in your area for you to view adult content.
I was sitting in a Pineapple Field in Northern Okinawa when I first learned of the Challenger Explosion

* You have read and understand the site rules.
I I have read and understand the site rules

"sEx is LikE aiR..

iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt

untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.." Tough times go away ~ Tough People Don't

What to do to make a Dawg wag his tail or not to do to make him bite.

NaNoWriMo.2008 | 51486.WordS
Trieste
Only Mostly Crazy
Directrix
Wanted

Referrals: 9

Femme Fatale

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »

Heya, Dawg. *smiles and hugs*

"Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault." ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
NightBird
M AND Q
At Rest
Hunted

Had we but world enough, and time...

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »

*bounces and grins and hugs*

I'm so very glad you were able to come by! You're approved, of course, so take a look around, ask if you have any questions, and feel free to make suggestions that you think would enhance the site.

An entry in the Rogues Gallery would be a good idea, help people connect with others who have similar likes, dislikes and ideas; then come take a peek in at the TDOMTPHNE, the site hang-out, create a character, build an area thread, and generally have a good time in the spirit of Callahan's Crosstime Saloon.

Again... it's good to see you here. I'm rather pleased with how we're doing when it's not even quite a month yet, but it feels a bit more like home, somehow, now. Don't be a stranger.

*smiles*

~ NB
HairyHeretic
Facilitator
Wanted

Referrals: 1

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 07:28:56 AM »

Hey Dawg *waves*
Dawg
Grifter

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

Heya, Dawg. *smiles and hugs*

Heya Trieste - Returns the *Smile and Hugs*

Hey Dawg *waves*

Hey Hairy *waves*

"sEx is LikE aiR..

Dawg
Grifter

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »

*bounces and grins and hugs*

I'm so very glad you were able to come by! You're approved, of course, so take a look around, ask if you have any questions, and feel free to make suggestions that you think would enhance the site.

An entry in the Rogues Gallery would be a good idea, help people connect with others who have similar likes, dislikes and ideas; then come take a peek in at the TDOMTPHNE, the site hang-out, create a character, build an area thread, and generally have a good time in the spirit of Callahan's Crosstime Saloon.

Again... it's good to see you here. I'm rather pleased with how we're doing when it's not even quite a month yet, but it feels a bit more like home, somehow, now. Don't be a stranger.

*smiles*

~ NB

*Smiles and returns the Hugs*

Yes it seems things are going well for you, set up most of the profile and an entry in the Rogues Gallery, also been poking around a bit and will continue to do so, if i come up with a good story idea I will post one up and see if I get any takers *smiles*

Good to see things going well for you here *hugs*

"sEx is LikE aiR..

Lilias
La Blanche
Femme Fatale
Hunted

Referrals: 702

Pas a pas se va luènh.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

Good to see you here too, Dawg. Great avatar, too.

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill.
The Lists <> The Games <> Journal

NaNoWriMo 2013: Won at 52,268 words!
Dawg
Grifter

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57:40 PM »

Good to see you here too, Dawg. Great avatar, too.

Thanks, I like my angel but had to do something to shake my mind a bit.

Still kind of poking around a bit here, but I like what I have seen so far.  Good to see you here too, and nice Avatar yourself.

"sEx is LikE aiR..

NightBird
M AND Q
At Rest
Hunted

Had we but world enough, and time...

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »

*hugs and smiles warmly*

Thank you! I'm genuinely happy with my place here. I'm feeling the root tendrils really starting to spread out, and that's always a good thing for me. There's more I want to do as I learn about the coding behind SMF, but I know that will take time.

*chuckles*

The avi rather surprised me (proves how avis are like faces in online communities!), but I like it. Of course, I also can't imagine anybody not loving Goldens. If there's anything any of us can to to help shake your mind, just speak up. I'm debating trying some sort of method of sharing prompts or other creativity stimulators, one of the ideas that's still percolating...
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Thus, though we cannot make our sun ~ Stand still, yet we will make him run.
Jump to: