World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 12:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: the new girl once more
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the new girl once more  (Read 10870 times)
bluerose
Soft petals, prickly thorns
Skirt
Grifter

Referrals: 0

Every time it matters all my words desert me

« on: February 26, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »

Hello ladies, gentlemen and perhaps less gentle men,

Xillen refered me to this site. I've been writing on various rp sites (one of them being Elliquiy), not all of them of adult content and aside from that I play and have played in various table top games and larps of different settings and origins.

Games I like are Adventure! (nineteentwenties pulp) and Seventh Sea (swashbuckling era), light fantasy modern world (enter various tvseries here), superheroes.
I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman and belong to the people that thought Anita Blake was peachy keen for the first five books, science fiction is ok but I'm more of a starscape/firefly type than a trekkie or starwars fan.

I'm open to adult content obviously or I wouldn't be here, I do, however enjoy the rp aspect of it more than getting hot, quick and dirty. I don't mind noncon, in fact....well let's get into that when we know eachother better.

Speaking of adult content, my 21st birthday is longer ago than I care to admit, I have been female ever since said birth and I do understand the rules I have read.

And here is my 'audition sample' 

We will arrive at Saint Kitts before nightfall, Miss Leavey" One of the captains men informed her. She smiled. "Thank you" She answered politely. She'd be off this ship, on solid ground, before nightfall. On this exotic island, where her dear brother and her lovely fiance were waiting to see her again after spending almost a year apart.  Rear Admiral Nathan Howe, her brothers oldest friend and now commanding officer. She had missed him. Both of them. Alexandra glanced out over the waves and gripped the railing. She was wearing a rather modest light blue gown and a wide brimmed straw had, tied with blue ribbons to hide her face from the sun. Her long dark hair was pinned up and neatly tucked away underneath the rim. The weather here was so much different from that in England. Apart from the climat, there would be strange fruits and animals, she had read about them in her books. And now she would be calling this strange place her home. It sounded like a dream come true.

Some shouting drew her out of her reveries. There was a ship up ahead and by the way the crew running around and the commands that were shouted at them she could tell something was wrong. "Miss, the captain requests that you withdraw below deck to your own quarters" someone said to her, already guiding her by her shoulder. "Yes..yes of course"  She answered as she complied. "What is wrong ?" We're not sure yet, Miss. But there is a ship on starboard that seems to be pursuing us and we haven't identified the flag yet."

Alone in her cabin, Alexandra wondered what that meant. An enemy military ship wouldn't just attack merchant ships out of the blue, would they ?
That left only one option open. Pirates...

Hi, my name is bluerose and this is my application. Be nice !

Abandon entouré d'abandon
tendresse touchant aux tendresses
C'est ton intérieur
qui sans cesse se caresse

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

Welcome to the site Bluerose.  I love the login name.  We’ve got another rose and a Daylily around too.

I even agree, the first five Anita books were better mysteries.  However I love all the Merry Gentry books… because the magic sex makes more sense… or less but farie is not supposed to make sense… so it’s ok. 

Which is your favorite Neil Gaiman story and why?

bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »

Hi !

My favorite Neil Gaiman.....

Where do I start

All time favorite Stardust, one of my favorite stories ever, a wonderful 'modern' fairytale, modern in de sense of recent.
Best  Neverwhere, definetaly the best Neil Gaiman story in my book, this one because it is set in the modern world, but somehow really had credible fantasy elements and great word/nameplay in it.
Funniest Good Omens Gaiman + Pratchet is too funny to be legal
Prettiest Coraline, partially because of the movie, when I read the book, it was a fun children's book, but because of the movie it became more
Go to birhtday present Wolves in the Walls is my favorite children's book, and a big hit as a gift at all the kids parties I've been too, with the kids and the parents.
Oddest Black Orchid very etheral graphic novel
Coolest And I like Sandman, especially the Death story lines. I think it's brilliant that Death is a cute goth chick who's the little sister of Destiny.

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

Referrals: 3

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »

Hi bluerose and welcome to WE&T.

I must agree with you, the first five Anita Blake books were great and then it was all about sex and new powers....sad really.

If you could meet five people, alive or dead, who would you want to meet and why?

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

Heya!

Welcome aboard! Smiley

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »

Hello PaulEll and Elandra !

Five even ? Gosh

Marie Antoinette   to find out what she actually did and did not say about the cake
God                     no, this is not a religious spree, but I'd like to know which religion is right, which one is wrong, if there is a heaven, hell and purgatory
                          and how long I'd have to stay there for my transgressions. And if the platypus is really His joke or just a cruel twist of mother nature
Jay Leno              to say how much I admire his work as The Chin in Fairly Odd Parents
Alton Brown         to thank him for teaching the love of my life how to cook
Kirsten Chenowith my current diva flavor of the month

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

Referrals: 3

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »

In case you were curious, there is no factual evidence that she actually uttered the words. If you want to learn more, though wikipedia is not always the greatest source of truth, here is a good link.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein
bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »

Thank you, I know the story (and I love to eat Brioche)  that is exactly why I'm so curious about it and its context.

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Xillen
Need some help with that?
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 2

I'll keep my eyes on you!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »

Hey Bluerose!

Nice to see you here on Weat! (and overcoming the initial hickup Tongue)

What's the most interesting character you have ever RPed?
Have you ever been a gamemaster for an RP? Would you ever do it (again)?
What's the color of your socks? If you're not wearing any, what's the color of the socks you last wore?

*snuggles*

Greetings, Xillen.

bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »

My most interesting character

hmm I played a russian assassin in Adventure!, a fled relative to the emperor that had a history with Rasputin. 
I named her Irina Romanova and later discovered that there was an actualy Irina in the Romanov family and
she was married to the man that tried to kill Rasputin by poisoning, stabbing and throwing him into the river Smiley

I have been a gamemaster on several occasions and still do, mostly oneshots and my mastering style tends more
to 'run the setting and having fun' than going strictly by the rules.

I hardly ever wear socks, so the last pair should have been seamless dark blue and grey walking socks (for heavy duty hiking shoes)
or fluffy pink and purple striped ones that act as slippers.

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Lucy
Apple's Wife ;)
Skirt
Wanted

If love be a sin then I am glad to be guilty of it

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 12:40:19 AM »

Hi !

My favorite Neil Gaiman.....

May i suggest Mirrormask, both the book and the movie? Smiley oh, and welcome to WE&T. Smiley

“Where’s Lucy?”  She asked, and the smallest part of me peered out at her as if through someone else’s eyes as if to say Here I am.  But when words came again, they were not mine.  They were hers.
bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 04:00:54 AM »

Yes yes  I love mirrormask, and amercian gods and M is for magic and and and

but they made me choose Smiley

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 10:51:36 AM »

Agreed, Stardust was good.  Coraline was perfect for the age group it was written for, same with wolves in the walls.  I have also read American Gods but haven't had the opportunity to read the others.  I'll have to look up Neverwhere and give it a try!

Welcome to the site!

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

Welcome aboard! Cheesy

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Lucy
Apple's Wife ;)
Skirt
Wanted

If love be a sin then I am glad to be guilty of it

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

Yes yes  I love mirrormask, and amercian gods and M is for magic and and and

but they made me choose Smiley

The bastards! had it been me, you could have have picked them all! Cheesy

“Where’s Lucy?”  She asked, and the smallest part of me peered out at her as if through someone else’s eyes as if to say Here I am.  But when words came again, they were not mine.  They were hers.
Xillen
Need some help with that?
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 2

I'll keep my eyes on you!

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »

Welcome to Weat Smiley

bluerose
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »

Hurrah !

And thank you all for the warm welcome !

C'est ton intérieur

R.M. Rilke about a rose
Tags: introduction 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: the new girl once more
Jump to: