World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Slipping in to Say Hello.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slipping in to Say Hello.  (Read 10087 times)
Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: February 23, 2010, 06:34:33 AM »

How did you hear about the site?
Trieste.

What sort of roleplay and/or writing have you done before?
I have been role playing for a number of years now, on almost every topic that can be imagined. I originally started on canon characters from favorite books and progressed to almost completely original characters. Everyone once in a while though, you get that urge to play a character that you just love, I think. I have been writing for leisure and professionally for several years as well. I have been published in my professional works, and I continue to work on that aspect more-so than my writing for leisure. Basically though, you name it, I've at least given it a try. Adventure still remains my favorite type of role play, though I feel it needs to have a goal where it can actually end, or split into chapters, else things go on and on forever and end, as all things do.

Are there any games, genres, authors or game/fiction universes that you particularly do or don't like?
I am not a particular fan of science fiction related writing, it just doesn't suit my style particularly. Other than that I have tried, and am at least willing to try again in most genres that I can think of. In the direction of universes, I am unlikely to play in a game that is system based (ex DnD, etc.), it's not my particular cup of tea. I like to write for leisure, and I find that when I start getting involved in the rules and set-up of a system game, it begins to feel more like a chore and less like something to keep my creative juice at bay.

Are there any types of adult content that you do or don't like?
I am fine with any type of content within writing. If it's not something I wish to see, I will steer myself away from it, though mainly those particular topics are few and far between, generally relating to rather extreme content. In general I am willing to give almost anything a chance.

A Writing Sample
One of my favorite ideas that never ended up getting off the ground, though there are hopes to re-new it one day in the near future. It was basically the idea of how the help of one kind man would turn the life of a girl destined to be nothing around completely. It is written from a male perspective, I write both male and female characters, though more often female. If this is a problem (the male perspective writing sample) I can happily provide a female perspective sample as well.
Andrew Sharpe had been rather surprised to be invited to the esteemed Bridgeman estate for an art auction of sorts. It appeared that the Bridgeman estate master had lost their value gambling, a horrible addiction that was, and could no longer afford to have everything. He was mostly auctioning off the art within the estate, but there were rumored to be some other items. He honestly could not understand why the man of the house would choose to waste his money on such frivolous things as gambling it all away in silly card games. He could easily guess that he was worth more than the entire Bridgeman family, though few people were entirely aware of what his fortune could be.

The Sharpe household was one of business. What kind of business was not discussed among the public, only among Andrew and his customers and providers. As far as he was concerned his line of 'trade' was a very private sector, and he did his best to keep it out of the eyes of the public and the mouths of the gossipers. The problem with living in a neighborhood for the rich was that the women of the households had nothing better to do than formulate and pass on rumors about the rest of the neighbors.

Andrew sat down in one of the auction seats, picking up his number, 17, and looking up at the item that was currently being bid on. A painting, it looked like a Monet, but he could see from his seat in the third row that it was not real. His attention was barely on the painting. Before he realized it he looked up and it appeared that four or five items had sold. He wasn't even thinking about anything... his mind was just elsewhere.

He'd been beginning to wonder where the head of the household was when he heard a very muffled squeal coming from a room off in the distance. He brushed it off the first time, knowing well that there would be plenty of servants and slaves about, he could imagine that he had plenty of women about who's intended purpose was for sex. He shook his head at the thought, disgusted by the idea of it. Women were not objects to be done with as one wished, they were human being with emotions, and they deserved a choice in everything just as much as men did. It was half of the reason that he did the things he did, training women to be proper, but to have their own mind when the time was right. For the right money he would train slaves to do almost anything, though he did have (rather reasonable, in his opinion) limits that would not bend.

A scream this time, and not one of the people in the room thought to turn their head toward the sound. He growled lowly to himself at the ignorance of people these days, a hand brushing through his curly golden locks as he stepped out of the auction room and moved toward the sound. A security guard followed him out, but a quick glare from the icy aquamarine eyes of the 6'5" man was enough to send the guard back to his place in the auction room.

Andrew had just hit the stairs when he heard a second scream, picking up into a run, his long legs carrying him quickly up the stairs toward the scream. From the thud he'd just heard, it wasn't hard to pick out the door from which it came behind either. He honestly hoped he wouldn't be interrupting on some enjoyable sex session where the woman had just gotten a little too rowdy.

He was no longer sorry for breaking the lock as he kicked in the door, coming into a large room to find a man about three quarters of his height holding a girl taller than himself against the wall. He could see a hand grasping tightly at one of her breasts, the look on the man's face maniacal. And this was the impression that he first received of the master of the Bridgeman estate.

"Get off of her." he muttered as he took five long strides across the room, his hand removing the one on the girl's chest and twisting it up behind the man's back as he took the one from her neck and did the same, his muscles easily holding the short man back from the girl. He looked over at her, his tone of voice changing to something much sweeter. "Would you please wait outside the door for me sweetie?" he murmured, his head turning toward the unhinged door as he twisted on the wrists of her master a little harder.

"You should learn to have a little respect for women, you know." he growled, pulling both of the mans wrists into one hand as he pulled a large collection of 100 pound notes from his pocket. "I'll take her. This is more than she's worth to you. It's more than you're worth, you filthy scumbag." He dropped the money on the floor in front of the man, pushing him down along with the money before removing his hands. "I expect not to hear another word out of you about this, and the girl will come home with me. Let me tell you something, Master Bridgeman. When you respect your women, they respect you in return. Try it some time, maybe you won't be forced to attempt raping poor innocent women."

And with that, he stormed out of the room, pausing outside the door where he'd asked the woman to wait and looking around for her. He brushed off his white shirt and black slacks, checking his pocket watch before looking around the hallway again. He could imagine she'd tucked herself into a corner somewhere. "Miss?" he called gently, taking a few steps down the hall to start looking for her. She hadn't looked too healthy, but hopefully she would shine up well with some new clothing, some real food and a hot bath; he did worry now that she wouldn't come out of hiding, her fate was worse than death here at the Bridgeman home. He'd have to wait to find out until he returned home how she would really look, many of the women he'd seen around these parts disguised themselves to be 'unattractive' in hoped that they would avoid situations such as the one that had just occurred. Andrew sighed. Before he could worry about getting her healthy, he'd have to find her.

You are over 21 years old, and it is legal in your area for you to view adult content.
Yes I am.

Gender; it's best to be clear on this, since ambiguity (such as, "Well, what do you think I am?") will delay your approval. If your biology doesn't quite match, please indicate clearly the gender with which you identify.
I am female, mind, body and soul. Always have been, always will be.

You have read and understand the site rules.
I sure have.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:46:29 PM by Saffron » Logged
Fortune
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »

Welcome! Smiley enjoy your stay here. People occasionally get pretty warm and fuzzy here, if that's ok with you, especially in the greeting thread.

What kinds of books do you enjoy reading in your down time?

Love is easier made than kept! - The Chariot

Open for new RPs, PM if interested.
Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »

Welcome! Smiley enjoy your stay here. People occasionally get pretty warm and fuzzy here, if that's ok with you, especially in the greeting thread.

What kinds of books do you enjoy reading in your down time?
Being one of the Mentors (basically a newbie-greeter *laughs*) on one of the sister sites, I understand, and it's perfectly okay! Smiley

I usually read fantasy or horror in my downtime. Though lately, due to profession, I've been investing my time into children's books, I do have a collection of books (for adults... er.... big people? Nothing explicit, just not a suitable read for a child.) that I would like to sink my teeth into. For the most part I enjoy a book with something that I can chew on, it needs to be meaty (funny coming from a vegetarian). I like the plot itself to have a base in fantasy, a twist of romance, a handful of drama to keep me interested, and plenty of 'You can't put me down.' scenes. Stephen King is a favorite author of mine for generally everything he writes. I have only so far found the Dark Tower series not to my liking. I hope that gives a decent idea!
Xillen
Need some help with that?
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 2

I'll keep my eyes on you!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:14:59 AM »

Hey Saffron *snuggles*

Nice to see you around here. Smiley

I would've never guessed your age, until you actually told me.

Anyhow, since questions are the norm for intro threads:

You said you started on cannon characters. Which character you based your own writing on inspired you most?
Which of the characters you designed yourself do you think worked out the best?
What's the color of your socks? (Sorry, couldn't resist... what's an intro thread without funny questions? Tongue)

Seriously hope you make it inside. You're nice to RP with Smiley

Greetings, Xillen.

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »

Hey Xill, nice to see you around as well. *hugs*

You said you started on cannon characters. Which character you based your own writing on inspired you most?
Goodness... it's been so long I hardly even remember what characters I might have been using. I think I will however go with Hermione from the good-old Harry Potter series. I share the work-ethic, general smarts, and hot-head that she has, so it was an easy character to slip into and have some fun with.

Which of the characters you designed yourself do you think worked out the best?
The one that worked out best... hmm... I would have to say that would be an old favorite of mine who is currently sitting on the shelf. She goes by Natasha... well, it depends on which personality you're speaking with, I suppose. *chuckles A fledgling vampire suffering from tri-personalities, one being the one you never want to mess with, one being the neutral, normal, calm and cool Natasha that is most likely to be found, and the gentle and quiet third personality, making its way out only for her sire, usually. I think this one worked out the best in the end because it gave the character the natural ability to react to different situations very drastically, creating a sort of "what comes next?" feeling for the writing revolving around her.

What's the color of your socks? (Sorry, couldn't resist... what's an intro thread without funny questions? Tongue)
My socks are currently black with speckles of white.... Couldn't you have asked this one when I was wearing one of my more interesting pairs of socks? Angry Tongue
Archangel
The Forgotten Angel
Fella
Operations

Referrals: 3

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:42:01 AM »

Hi Saffron !

We've never RPed/played together, but I have seen you around a few sites, nice to meet you.

I'm not usually the welcoming commitee, or the interogation team but I figured I ask a few questions of my own.

Do you prefer games/RPs that are story/goal driven, or stories that are more character/interaction driven?

What colour socks were you wearing yesterday?  Cheesy

If I melt dry ice can I swim in it and not get wet?

If you could fly to anywhere at anytime (past, present and future) where would you go and why?

Hope to see you around on the inside.

Do you dream of Angels?
Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:56:32 AM »

Do you prefer games/RPs that are story/goal driven, or stories that are more character/interaction driven?
This is actually a really difficult question for me to answer. Personally, I can't have one without the other. I need the story just as much as I need the characters to be able to interact. So... I suppose as long as the role play doesn't become stagnant over too much character interaction, and the goal is something that will continued to be progressed toward, whether one or the other should take over for boughts of time is no matter for me. Smiley I hope that ramble makes sense, it's a little past my bedtime.

What colour socks were you wearing yesterday?  Cheesy
I didn't wear any socks yesterday, just my navy blue fuzzy slippers. Smiley

If I melt dry ice can I swim in it and not get wet?
*Pats him gently on the head* Sure you can dear, you're special. Cheesy
(Technically, you'd be swimming through air... so have fun! I'm sure that anyone watching will get a hoot out of it!)

If you could fly to anywhere at anytime (past, present and future) where would you go and why?
I think I'd like to visit Egypt during the days where the pyramids and the wonders of the area were being constructed. Being a historian of sorts myself, I think this would play right into my interests as well as answering the age old question of how exactly they were built.
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »

A very well written introduction Saffron!  You are exactly the kind of writer we are looking for on this site.  However, several months ago, after careful debate by the admin, we did change the age ruling from a soft rule with wiggle room to a hard and set in stone rule.  As much as I would love to make an exception for you I can’t in good conscience do so when other applicants have been asked to wait to apply.  Thank you for your honesty about your age and please come back as soon as you hit our legal benchmark!

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »

[Redacted]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:47:00 PM by Saffron » Logged
HairyHeretic
Facilitator
Wanted

Referrals: 1

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 05:17:44 AM »

Happy birthday. Get any good loot? Smiley
Archangel
The Forgotten Angel
Fella
Operations

Referrals: 3

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »

Welcome back Saffron, and happy birthday !!!!

Do you dream of Angels?
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »

Hello again Saffron and Happy Birthday. Thank you for coming back.  We are currently reviewing your application and thank you for your patience!

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »

Well, she came back after all this time, so she's been thinking about us, poor, misguided lady that she obviously is. That has to count for something, right?

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »

Thanks everyone for the wishes. No loot for me this year, got to move on my birthday instead. :S

In any case, I am still around, but it is very difficult for me to be active at the moment as I am stuck with my only internet access being dial-up. Forgive me for being slow to respond but it is very frustrating waiting 5 minutes per page.
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 01:14:28 PM »

Mmmmm dial-up....

Back when I worked for teh cable company we had a 3-day outage while we were transitioning from the @Home network to our own. All customers went dark for three days because @Home went bankrupt.

I knew it was coming. Expected it to happen. Worked for the company who ultimately provided connectivity to me, at no cost to me... I was on the phone to get DSL from a rival company within 5 hours of the start of the outage... My wife had to take the phone from me...

I thought I could handle dial-up for 3 days... Oh, how wrong I was... I'm not saying I'm an addict or anything, but If I'm going to have the internet, it had better be good by damn!

Anyway, I feel your pain there. So, was this birthday move a good thing? "I trust we're being moved to better quarters on campus..."

Or a bad thing? "No... ~Doctor~ Vinkman... You're being moved OFF campus..."

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 02:43:54 PM »

Turned out that the woman I was living with was literally batshit crazy. I had to get the police just to be able to move out. The most amusing part was that when I gave the police the address and told them "I think she's a little crazy." the officer replied with "You're not far off."

Stuck at home with the parents for a couple of weeks until my new apartment comes open, which means stuck with dial-up for a couple of weeks. Ugh!
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »

Well, I'd call that a move for the better. With a mild speed-bump in teh middle maybe.

At least you don't have to worry bout guano while you sleep any more. Tongue

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 03:02:14 PM »

Aye. You have no idea how true that is. Tongue
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »

Oh I've had some crazy roomies before. I lived in the campus residence hall for four years! Smiley

Congrats on getting out before something really bad happened though. I mean, I think so anyway.... I mean, you ~did~ get out before anything really bad happened, right?

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »

Aside from being kept up at night and missing a couple of days of work because of it, nothing really bad happened. Just now I'm missing a couple of weeks of work. But the important part is that everyone's safe and the stress lifted.
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 03:34:15 PM »

Well, ther you have it then. Missing some work is preferable to endangering life and limb. At least in my opinion.

So, Until you are official, I bid you a provisional welcome, and I very much look forward to reading some of your material.

Now then, on to the questions......

Given a choice, and a guaranteed ability to keep it from becoming a 'problem' to anyone, what kind of animal would you ultimately like to take as a pet/companion?

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »

That's a difficult question. My first thought is between the usual choices of a cat and a dog, I love them both very much, my current pet is a cat as he's small enough and easier to take care of without a backyard or the time for daily walks. But I think given the abilities of the question, I would have to choose something more exotic. Perhaps a lion, if they could at all be tamed enough for such a thing? I am a Leo and the lion is definitely one of my favorite animals, though dangerous, if I'm guaranteed not to have problems, I'd take the risk. Of course, I'd have to have the space for such a thing. Tongue

I may have overthought the question a little... I'm just going to shush now.
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »

There will b eon shushing!!

And who doesn't like a lion? Excepting maybe an elephant calf.... You know... or a gazelle.... And possibly a sickly zebra..... But aside from that, who doesn't love a lion?

I'd go with a cheetah personally, but I'm kind of odd, so I'm not sure if anything I say should be used as any sort of barometer at all....

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »

Pfft. ~Shall continue to shush~ >)
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »

Actually, maybe you should shush me, as I clearly cannot type to save my life....

Serves me right for doing 85 things at a time I suppose.....

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »

Saffron, I apologize for the delay on your application review.  Our research turned up some conflicting information regarding your age, we ask that you either apply back in one more year or if you are able to you can email an image of a photo id and proof that it is yourself to Admin@worldenoughandtime.net

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »

I have waited the year. Is this sufficient?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:47:31 PM by Saffron » Logged
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »

I cannot tell you how pleased I am that you have tried back.  Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding our hesitation with your age discrepancy.  Everything else looks wonderful.  Welcome to the site!

Saffron
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »

Thank you, Yanbana.
I have removed the information I added to my previous post now that it is public. I hope this is okay.

~Off to explore~
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »

That is fine.  Again, welcome to the site.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Slipping in to Say Hello.
Jump to: