World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:08:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Xillen says hi!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xillen says hi!  (Read 14431 times)
Xillen
Need some help with that?
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 2

I'll keep my eyes on you!

« on: February 07, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »

Hi, it's Xillen here. Some of you might know me from Elliquiy, others might not.

Airindel referred me to this site, so I thought to come in and check it out Smiley

I'm 30 years old guy, and I'm from the Netherlands. That means English is not my native language. Though it usually doesn't provide much of a problem to communicate, I will make the occasional error. Most of my english is selfthought, so please excuse me if I make an error, or inquire to the meaning of certain words. It also means I'm in a different timezone as most of you. GMT +1 to be exactly (for reference, NY time is GMT -5).

I'm an avid gamer, preferring the unplugged (boardgames, cardgames, etc...) over plugged (computer games). Dungeons and Dragons (3rd edition) is my weekly occupation on the tuesday evening and I also play monthly with another group on saturdays. I've also dabbled into other RPG games, such as World of Darkness.

My roleplaying experience online varies rather widely, from freeform (no system rules used) to complex RPG and combat systems, and from totally non-adult to flat out cyber. I've played by Post, PM, Mail, Chat and IM. Chat and IM provide a preference due to the quick response, which increases the speed of the RP. On the other hand, Post, PM and Mail provide a preference due to the ease with timezones, and easier accomodation to group games.

I prefer group roleplays over two player roleplays. For two player roleplays, I prefer solo (on player plays a protagonist, while the other player takes the role of game master) over one on one (both players play a protagonist), mostly because the destiny between the two protagonists feels very forced.

I'm not too much of a fan of contemporary, as games provide such an easy access to something different from that thing called real life. That doesn't mean that I won't play contemporary games, it just ain't my preference. My preference goes out to outer space SF and medieval fantasy.

I'm a rather dominant person, and this reflects itself in the characters I play. I like to be in control of things, both as a player and a character. I'm ok with being on the receiving end for mild action, if it will progress the story, but don't bring it too far. Some things that would really spoil it for me would be:
- male/male or herm/male action involving my character or an NPC under my care (though male/male action in a group game not involving my character is fine, as is me playing a female NPC in a male/female scene)
- body wastes or male juices touching my character (their presence on itself is fine with me, just don't have it touch my character).
- anything involving my character's anus (i enjoy anal, but strictly as a top).

I hereby verify having read the rules.

Greetings, Xillen.

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »

This is an intro I wrote to one of the group games I ran back on Elliquiy, which hopefully suffices as a sample text:

Eclyssa looked across the wagon, sitting with her back against the front wall, her arms crossed just below her ample breasts. It was getting rather crowded. She'd been in the wagon since the guards bought her, back in Solviss, a couple of weeks ago, only permitted outside three times a day briefly for nature calls. Since then, the caravan had passed through Enn, Zanghar and Daron, picking up an additional maiden at every city, sometimes two. She must've been relatively lucky, as whoever was picked up in Corinth had to endure a trip around the entire kingdom like this. The caravan was now on it's way back towards Zanghar and then on to Kobal City.

In a week or two, she'd be one of the King's wifes. She didn't really know what to expect, and didn't really bother trying to imagine it. She'd found out eventually, and it's not like she had any choice in the matter. If the guards find you a good candidate to be one of the King's wifes, then nobody had anything to say into the matter. Her dad must've been lucky, though, with the 1000 gold pieces he earned from this. She wasn't too surprised about being picked. She had received just enough from her elven grandmother to have a streak of exoticness, but not too much to prevent a voluptrous human body. Long, thick black hair hung down her head, held back by the ears that showed just a hint of her elven ancestry. Large green elvenlike eyes besetted an otherwise round human face.

The women in the wagon were silent. The guards didn't like them talking with each other, and none really felt like talking to the guards. They weren't required to sit on their own, though, and some of the women were seeking comfort in the arms of another. A strange atmosphere hung through the caravan. Nobody really enjoyed going this far south. There were just too many weird things crawling around in this region. The half-elven maiden admitted she'd be more assured herself as well, once the city walls of Zanghar were in sight again.

Suddenly, an uproar unleashed throughout the caravan. Quickly, Eclyssa looked out to see what's going on, and once she saw it, her heart skipped a beat. The Dragon! It was diving directly at them. The wagon was in the middle of the caravan, right where the wyrm was landing. He bashed against the wagon, as he landed on the ground, knocking it over. As the women slided down the floor against one of the sides, the roof broke with a loud cracking sound. Panic ensued. The horses that were attached to the wagon staggered and buckled. While some of the bravest guards fired their crossbows at the beast, most of them tried to flee the scene in panic.

Eclyssa saw her chance. Nobody was paying them any attention now, and she stood up, and threw herself against the split roof, knocking part of it aside. She ran through the exit, towards the forest, hoping to seek refure here, vaguely noticing most of the other women escaping the wagon behind her, also fleeding from the scene. Just as Eclyssa thought she was going to make it, the dragon changed facing, sweeping his big tail over the ground, hitting Eclyssa hard in the back. She wondered if her spine was broken, as she was sent flying, ending head-first in collision with a tree. As her vision started to blur due to the blood streaming from her forehead, she saw some of the others running past her, seeking refuge from the dragon between the trees, before her eyes shut, to never open again.

Airindel
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 10:20:38 AM »

It's been far too long, Xillen! *hugs*
A warm, warm welcome to World Enough and Time.

You mentioned you played D&D, 3rd Edition. Cool.
What is your favourite class to play, out of curiosity. 
Considering too, that you have probably GMed, what was your favourite villain that you created for your group? Tell us about him or her or whatever it was or perhaps is, and if you haven't GMed, politely disregard this question.

And what book do you absolutely hate?... everybody also asks about loved and cherished books, so I must toss in the opposite question.

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »

It's been far too long, Xillen! *hugs*
A warm, warm welcome to World Enough and Time.
*snuggles back at Airindel, pinching her behind as he kisses her cheek*
It indeed has been! Thank you for the welcome.

You mentioned you played D&D, 3rd Edition. Cool.
Yeap. Started back in '92-'93 or so with AD&D 2nd edition, and naturally evolved to S&P, 3rd and 3.5ed.
I know 4th is out, and I have the core books, but I don't consider 4th to be D&D. I would like to play it someday, but I would view it as a separate game, not as a continuation on D&D. It's just too different for that.

What is your favourite class to play, out of curiosity.
*inserts long list*
To be honest, I enjoy playing a variety of roles, taking them to different extremes (and yes, fully hybrid is an extreme as well). I just started playing a Crusader in my tuesday group.
I was playing a sneaky little halfling rogue before, but the power level between that character and the rest of the party was growing too big, so I had her ride off in the distance to make room for a new character. The rest of the party wasn't too happy that that riding off occured on top of the wagon cart that contained the loot from the last two or three months or so (total value about 20 times the value of the goods the party carried on their bodies together).
I think overall the character that I liked most due to the class setup was probably the Elven Cleric I played in an FR game. Combined with the Elf and War domains my character was mighty dangerous with the bow, without actually depleting any spell, so I was able to patch the party back up at the end of the day.

Considering too, that you have probably GMed, what was your favourite villain that you created for your group? Tell us about him or her or whatever it was or perhaps is, and if you haven't GMed, politely disregard this question.
Do I have to have created it myself? Because the villain that my player group remembers the most was actually created by one of my players at that time. He rolled a Changeling Fighter1/Bard4/Chameleon. For those unaccustomed to the race and class, the Changeling race can alter appearance at will, looking like any kind of humansized humanoid creature they want to. The Chameleon class can, by resting for a short period of time, alter it's abilities, going forth and back between being a fightertype, healer, spellcaster, and stealthy figure. Now, what the player didn't know when he rolled the character, was that a cabal of Changelings was actually working for the enemy, and during the game, they contacted the PC on one or more occasions. Eventually, the player found the character too complex to handle, and asked me if he could reroll. I granted his request, and turned his character into an NPC. It left the party soon after, but kept in touch, while it secretly worked itself up to be a lieutenant of the major villain.
The major villain the players never got to see. Near the end of the campaign, they were informed that they could severely weaken the major villain by destroying an artifact held by another lieutenant. The party was thoroughly informed that this guy was no pushover. They needed to provide adequate materials and allies to overcome him. The party charged in and died, which was a milestone for the evil side (that campaign was very black vs white).

And what book do you absolutely hate?... everybody also asks about loved and cherished books, so I must toss in the opposite question.
Can I mention like all the books I had to read to pass my dutch grade during highschool? I was an avid reader of fantasy and SF until I reached 5th grade and had to read 15 dutch "literature" novels. Totally killed my interest in reading for years.

Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

Referrals: 3

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »

What is a favourite character? Either for your own work or someone else? Or Heck both.

Welcome to WE&T Xillen, it is good to see you here.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »

What is a favourite character? Either for your own work or someone else? Or Heck both.

I liked bits and pieces of the rogue I mentioned in the earlier post. Funny note that I forgot to mention. I've played that character for nearly two years on a weekly basis, and in all that time the rest of the party never learned her name, making them rather clueless as to tracking her.

A favorite character is nowhere without his surroundings, though. For example Corwin of Amber from Roger Zelazny's Amber series is quite interesting, but if he weren't actually a Prince of Amber, his life could've been pretty dull.

Welcome to WE&T Xillen, it is good to see you here.

Thank you for the welcome. Smiley

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »

Hello!

Welcome to the site. Smiley

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »

Hello!

Welcome to the site. Smiley

Thank you. Smiley

Lucy
Apple's Wife ;)
Skirt
Wanted

Referrals: 0

If love be a sin then I am glad to be guilty of it

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »

No questions, seeing as it's not my forte.  Instead, a warm welcome, a hug, and a freshly baked brownie to make you feel at home here. Smiley

“Where’s Lucy?”  She asked, and the smallest part of me peered out at her as if through someone else’s eyes as if to say Here I am.  But when words came again, they were not mine.  They were hers.
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »

No questions, seeing as it's not my forte.  Instead, a warm welcome, a hug, and a freshly baked brownie to make you feel at home here. Smiley
*Hugs in return*
Thank you.
Can I ask you a question back, then? It says Skirt under your name. What does Skirt mean in this context?

Lucy
Apple's Wife ;)
Skirt
Wanted

If love be a sin then I am glad to be guilty of it

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »

Skirt refers to my sex, female, rather then to my actual state of dress. Smiley  the men are classified as "Fella"

“Where’s Lucy?”  She asked, and the smallest part of me peered out at her as if through someone else’s eyes as if to say Here I am.  But when words came again, they were not mine.  They were hers.
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »

Skirt refers to my sex, female, rather then to my actual state of dress. Smiley  the men are classified as "Fella"

I registered Fella as male. Just didn't consider Skirt to be a reference to females.

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »

Welcome to the World Enough and Time, Xillen.  That was a very nice writing sample, other than the order of an occasional word I would never have guessed English was a second language for you.  I look forward to reading more of your work. 

As for the Skirt/Fella.  I believe the original creator was going for a film noir kind of feeling with her theme when she chose those titles; sort of a gritty detective sort of slang.

Anyway, welcome again!

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 10:12:43 AM »

Welcome welcome!! Cheesy

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

Ah, I suddenly saw a whole lot more when I visited the web Smiley

Thank you, Yanaba. Smiley

And thanks for all the welcomes Smiley

Somehow I miss the part about funny questions. They just tend to be a habit for most forums I visit, be it with or without approval state.

Anyhow, time to explore! Someone want to guide me? Tongue

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »

absolutly.  What are you looking for?  Or do you just want a general tour?   Wink

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 11:43:09 AM »

Funny questions? You mean like, what do you get when you multiply six by eight?

Neelahn
Stand-Up Philosopher
Skirt
Wanted

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 11:44:53 AM »

Ummmmmmmm.... 48? Welcome aboard Xillen!
Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 02:53:57 PM »

absolutly.  What are you looking for?  Or do you just want a general tour?   Wink

Well, what are the good spots to check out at the start?
Also, are there any additional threads you'd recommend me posting in? Something like story ideas or ons and offs?

Funny questions? You mean like, what do you get when you multiply six by eight?

No, not exactly Tongue

Welcome aboard Xillen!

Thank you Smiley

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But not if you ask Arthur Dent. It turns out that it equals 42......

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But not if you ask Arthur Dent. It turns out that it equals 42......

Wouldn't that be 6 times 9?

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 03:13:06 PM »

So, there's this book... It's called 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and was written by Douglass Adams... Among all the other craziness that happens throughout the book, and it's multiple sequels, is this thread about a race of pan-dimensional beings that are building huge computers to figure out what the answer to the great question is. So this computer takes a million years to come up with the answer, which turns out to be '42'

So this raises the question of, what is the question? Thus far it has been described as 'the question', 'the great question', and 'the great question of life, the universe, and everything'. But no one actually knows what the question really is....

So they make a bigger computer to compute the question, and eventually, through some other actions, figure out that the question is, 'What do you get when you multiply six by eight'

See, this, to me, would qualify as a Classic! Smiley

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »

So, there's this book... It's called 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and was written by Douglass Adams... Among all the other craziness that happens throughout the book, and it's multiple sequels, is this thread about a race of pan-dimensional beings that are building huge computers to figure out what the answer to the great question is. So this computer takes a million years to come up with the answer, which turns out to be '42'

So this raises the question of, what is the question? Thus far it has been described as 'the question', 'the great question', and 'the great question of life, the universe, and everything'. But no one actually knows what the question really is....

So they make a bigger computer to compute the question, and eventually, through some other actions, figure out that the question is, 'What do you get when you multiply six by eight'

See, this, to me, would qualify as a Classic! Smiley

Except that the question discusses six multiplied by nine Smiley

And yes, it's an awesome classic, though in it's genre, I slightly prefer Discworld.

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »

eight... nine.....

Maybe a decade is too long to leave those unread... *adds the increasingly inappropriately named trilogy to his reading list*

See, this is what happens when you make me speak. I say things that make me sound like a total tool....

So anyway.... welcome aboard! Smiley

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »

At least the "trilogy" only covers five novels. I lost track of how many novels Discworld consists of nowadays Wink

I've thought on more than one occasion that it would be awesome to do a Hitchhiker's Guide/Discworld kind of RP, but I realize every time I couldn't bring them justice, and it would just be plain sucky.

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:04 PM »

Enough chatter boys.. Time for Yana's tour of WEaT.  We're walking, were, walking.. Ok stop...

I definitely recommend making a post in the Rogue’s gallery, letting us see specifically what your like and dislikes are will help other partners that share the same interest gravitate towards you, plus it helps keep any threads you join from going places you did not intend:

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=6.0

The Ballroom Seeking thread is the place to go where people have posted their story ideas and they are currently looking for partners to play the other half.  This is also the place to post any stories that you are looking for a partner on:

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=5.0

The ‘Weaver’ area is brand new so you will just be getting started there just like the rest of us and it should be a good opportunity to interact with lots of the most active members of the board.

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=20.0

Archangel is our resident story whore… and I mean that lovingly.  If there is a new member on the board he will try to claim your first story… (Yes Archangel, I am making you part of the tour) He has a fantastic multi story thread going based on the Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV, and Morrowind: Elder Scroll III video games.  And I’m pretty sure he is always looking for new players:

http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?board=18.0

Myself personally, I’m stretched a little thin creatively as it is… however if one of my stories ever wraps up I will hop right in with another… but we have so very many talent writers on the board I am certain no one will feel my meager presence worth missing. 

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »

Yeah, very few people can really pull off Adams' humor and still make it work as a readable piece (in my opinion). I read recently that someone has written another sequel. I don't remember who it was now, but he was apparently vetted by Adams' family. I just have a hard time imagining anyone pulling it off really...

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »

Myself personally, I’m stretched a little thin creatively as it is… however if one of my stories ever wraps up I will hop right in with another… but we have so very many talent writers on the board I am certain no one will feel my meager presence worth missing. 

I'd sure as heck miss you!

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

*points at Paul*

And this is our other most prolific poster.. and brown noser.    Wink

1239 posts since June of last year.  Do you ever work?  I'm going to make you an exibit!

I'd miss you like crazy too, so the feeling's mutual... now back to Xillen.  How was the tour? Any other questions?

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »

An exhibit?

I'd settle for some cool custom title. Tongue

Do I work? Yes. But only when there is work to be done..... I have three jobs that are either sit and wait, or *ahem* balls to the wall, if you'll pardon my belligerence.

I am currently working toward building two of those (the self employed two) into bill-paying jobs. We'll see how that goes. I actually expect to make an announcement about one of them here in the next week or so, although it really has a limited client base (are your appetites wetted yet?).

*pointedly ignores the brown-noser comment* Tongue

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »

How was the tour? Any other questions?

So the weaver is more of a starting area? I assumed it to simply be one of the multi thread games going on here. Perhaps I misjudged. I did glance in there before I was accepted, but it appeared not to be meant for unapproved eyes, and after informing Airindel that I was able to see it as a new person, she quickly fixed the error.

As for any other questions... not at the moment, though I haven't seen everything yet. But am I permitted to keep up your offer as a tour guide at a later date? You did a fantastic job so far Smiley

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »

No you are correct.  It is a multi thread area.. But it is the NEWEST multi thread area.  We are all just beginning our stories in it.

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »

No you are correct.  It is a multi thread area.. But it is the NEWEST multi thread area.  We are all just beginning our stories in it.

Ok, I might have to check it out, then. I did post something in the Rogue's Gallery, though I must admit that it can look rather familiar to some people. But since people commented that it was nice to read through, I decided to reuse it. I did read through it and adjust it where needed.

If I post something, there's 4 empty lines at the top. 1st is the subject, 2nd is tags, and the 3rd just has a colon there. I've left it blank so far, but what does it do?

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »

Well holy cow..its Xillen *big chesty hugs*

Omnia vincit Amor...
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »

Wow, I completely forgot that you had another question!

I appologize!  Just in case you are still looking for an answer, or for anyone else who reads this thread:

Subject line: obvious

Tag line is where you put in the code that will show up for the Tag search function:  instructions can be found here:
http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?topic=109.0

And the line with ":" is the description line

Xillen
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 04:40:56 PM »

Well holy cow..its Xillen *big chesty hugs*

Dabria Smiley *snuggles back*

And the line with ":" is the description line

Ah, description. Haven't used that yet. Wasn't too obvious.

thank you for the answer. Smiley

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Xillen says hi!
Jump to: