World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 05:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Malina leaves her calling card
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malina leaves her calling card  (Read 12630 times)
Malina
Skirt
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: October 20, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »

Hello, everybody,

after I registered yesterday, here, finally, follows my introduction thread.

I first read about this site (beautiful name, by the way) on Elliquiy, then Soran sent me a link, recommending it. For those who know the site, I have the same username on Elliquiy, so, if you are curious, feel free to look into my posts, RPs, On/Off page etc. there.

I've roleplayed since I was a teenager, White Wolf, mainly, often also freeform inspired by whatever struck our fancy at the time. I've been writing RPs online on PG sites for three years now, I think. I joined Elliquiy in August (end of July) and made my first experiences with adult RPs there. I've written a little short prose, the occasional poem, none of it intended for publishing, many roleplays, of course, and the usual essays and papers back at university.

I prefer free form RPs and original ideas. I don't RP canon characters or exactly follow a given story from books or films, but gladly use them as sources of inspiration. I have a wide range of topics and settings that interest me. I'm highly attracted to good writing, there is a fair chance my interest will be kindled for a story I'd not usually think was my 'type' simply because the plot and writing is irresistible. ^^

Mature content and adult RPing to me is much more than simply a level of violence and sexual explicitness unfit for the eyes of a younger public. In the context of sexual RPs, I prefer things to remain more or less vanilla. BDSM doesn't appeal to me, pain, humiliation, domination/submission and sadomasochism fail to interest me other than from the psychological aspect, in that distanced, analytic way of an observer. Nor can I write a rape scene as something the victim enjoys.

I prefer sex not to be the centre of everything and anything. I like writing sex scenes, but without context, without a living, interesting story around them, in my opinion, they become mechanical, repetitive, boring - no matter the sexual practices described. Sex is but a part of life, even within a 'hot' relationship, and that's exactly the importance I usually want to give it in an RP. I don't write RPs because I seek fantasies for hands-in-panties-time, to put it bluntly.

I am over 21 years old and in my country, it is legal for me to view adult content.
I am a woman, in body, heart and mind. 
I have read and do understand the site rules.

Two writing examples, excerpts from two (non-adult) RPs, neither my best nor worst writing/posting quality, I think, thus a fair picture of what you might expect to see from me in the future:

This one is a segment of a post in the middle of an RP, written from the perspective of a  young woman in her early twenties.

The last guy she wanted around with a weapon that could shoot any of them down from a distance for whatever reason might arise in his none too clever head, was the gruff giant now holding the black man's gun. Which must mean he was the only one of them in possession of such a weapon now. Of one – or more. She would not put it beneath him to have his own gun on him, somewhere.

But that would be actually reassuring, if not very much so, for two reasons. First, it would mean he did not want to waste his own ammunition, so, he might not be too eager to just shoot the first of their group he found more annoying than the rest, or to prove a point, second, he probably could handle a gun and would not have to shoot three, four times to bring the hardly moving target down.

Since trying to convince him of a less noisy method of finishing the creature off would most likely end in his roaring insults and waving the weapon in her face, wasting time and drawing attention towards them, she decided she would just risk the loud bang, trusting the warehouse to keep the noise inside, and let him go ahead with it.

Meanwhile, she would try to get inside the maintenance room as fast as possible to lock the entrances and let down the metal blinds. That would at least add protection and hide them all from view...

This one is the opening post written for a (female) vampire, rather old, freshly woken from a long time of 'sleeping' and therefore rather anochronistic.

I remember the age of reason and the times when we were closer, the mortals and us. Long before the industrialisation. They called it progress, the advance of civilisation. I call it an age of noise, haste, stink and waste. The sons and daughters of Eve have bred and lived like rats, multiplied beyond endurability. Yet it is deemed a crime to feed off these vast hordes. They have brought changes over our world the nature of which I do not claim to fully understand. I slept so long. How could I understand the new man, the new woman, this age of glaring light and bleak synthetic dreams?

I feel drawn to the ancient bloodlines, to those who still live in a way which faintly resembles that which I remember. I feel drawn to the old places of our world, to narrow streets of cobblestones and shadows over which roofs lean one into another and gables all but touch. How best could I describe what I see, what I feel? I woke to all my senses like a neonate empowered with the full mastery and knowledge of old age. God's creation has me enthralled once more with all its splendour and allure.

I drained a man of his life tonight, of his dreams and memories, his knowledge and hopes, of his will and all his precious feelings. As I was born in sin I was reborn in it, I rejoiced in it, bathed in it, feasted on it, a creature twice accursed, condemned, if what they preach is true. Heed them not. I wept for him, the beauty of his death had touched me. I had drunk of him so deeply we had become as one. There is this exquisite moment the French describe as la petite mort. I died like that as his life poured into me.

I am no longer hungry, those feeble mortals are quite safe from me tonight. I am old, I am not forced to feed that often, I need not drink much to last. It is epicurean intemperance, not need, which they must fear in me. Tonight's young man would have been safe, I would have spared him, had he not awoken me as he invaded my home, unsuspecting, unaware of my presence in a place he sought to rob of its secrets. My secrets.

What was I to do when I was not even myself yet? I was but a creature made of dust and thirst, a dormant spirit craving life. I drank his dying wishes and his living dreams. Ah, powerful in me now is the lure to retrace his every footsteps, to see what he has seen, touch what he has touched, to hate what he despised and love, no, go and watch whom he has loved. This man was far from innocent, I grant you, not merely in the eyes of the righteous. Yet he was blessed with love. Ah, wondrous love...

Methinks I know this feeling only when I drain another's life. There are those of my kind who claim differently, but I say we are not meant nor made to share such feelings with yon mayflies. We break them as we take them. Alas, I rested too long, I am estranged, bewildered, I am enamoured with my senses and this night. The follies of my youth return to me and for the first time in many a decade I feel the urge to make one mine. I am infatuated with their beauty, their voices, their fragrance, the very texture of their skin. My eyes are drawn where they must linger as all my senses sing out.

I hardly stir whilst I sit thus entranced to savour every single heartbeat of my night of resurrection. Would I not allow it, none would suspect my presence. Do not they notice I am as different from them as I can be, that I could prey on them if I so chose? Ah, tempting reveries. To lay my finger on their vulnerable flesh and feel the pulse therein, feel blood rush forth and forth and forth again. To lower my lips onto that vessel of life and bite. What bliss, to taste them, feel them, smell them, drink.

Such fancies pursue and yet sustain me as I sit amongst them all by myself. They quicken my pulse and appetite. But those precious mayflies are not meant for me. I feast where I am unobserved and go unpunished for whatever I may do. As is the custom of my kind and key to my longevity. More than the blood, I crave to view the spectacle of social life. I am not loathe to closer company, have oft enjoyed it when it proved pleasing. The way I sit and watch them, musing, sipping wine, is as inviting as my every gaze and smile, a constant, subtle lure.

Will someone join me, or have I lost my touch along with tender youth's infernal, desperate thirst?

I'm looking forwards to meeting you all. If you have any questions or in case I left out anything important, please ask away or let me know...

Malina
Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

Referrals: 9

I hear voices...

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:41:01 AM »

Beautiful Malina, you make me almost willing to play in a vampire RP. You already know I'm glad to see and welcome you here. -hugs-

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Look that my staves be sound, and not too heavy... So, I am satisfied.
Give me a bowl of wine. I have not that alacrity of spirit,
nor cheer of mind, that I was wont to have. Is ink and paper ready?
                                     ~ King Richard III - Shakespeare
BK Geno
Red Dragon Wyrmling
Fella
Grifter

Call me a lizard again.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:45:09 AM »

Hail and well met, fellow introduction inductee person/vampire person thingee.

Don't mind me, I am the resident red dragon wyrmling with a severe case of ADOS. Which stands for Attention Deficit OHSHINY!!!
Oh shiny! *runs off to grab the shiny*

Rule #4 of Adventuring:  When in doubt, set something on FIRE!!!

My O/O's: http://worldenoughandtime.net/forums/index.php?topic=387.0
Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »

Beautiful Malina, you make me almost willing to play in a vampire RP. You already know I'm glad to see and welcome you here. -hugs-

*hugs enthusiastically* Thanks for the warm welcome! Oreo, my sweet, patient yummy looking thingie (never ate an Oreo in my life, see), I apologise for being this slow. You had to wait for this thread a lot longer than I intended to. Oh, but it is fatal to open old RPs to pick a few posts as writing examples. *chuckles* The good old days had me enthralled. It's almost like rummaging around in the attic...

Like almost everything, vampires can be wonderfully interesting - and a total bore when written poorly. *laughs*

Hail and well met, fellow introduction inductee person/vampire person thingee.

Don't mind me, I am the resident red dragon wyrmling with a severe case of ADOS. Which stands for Attention Deficit OHSHINY!!!
Oh shiny! *runs off to grab the shiny*

Hello, fiery whirlwind of a dragon! Oh - ahem - ouch! That happens to be my earring. *hastily throws something much more shiny and precious looking to the distracted but endearing creature*
Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »

*hugs enthusiastically* Thanks for the warm welcome! Oreo, my sweet, patient yummy looking thingie (never ate an Oreo in my life, see), I apologise for being this slow.
No need to apologize, I'm even slower than you, by a long shot. And Oreos really are are yummy. I think they came out in Sweden recently under the name Dominos. Maybe they will get to you sometime soon.

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Soran
Geriatric Crusader.
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 2

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 09:03:19 AM »

Malina my little angel pie, you made it *huggles like crazy* Awesome writing my sweet!  Cool I haven't been on here much due to work and commitments, but thats the same of the the rp forums I'm on.

As a side note, I had some Oreos this morning...YUM!  Grin

Airindel
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »

A warm welcome to World Enough and Time, Malina. I'm delighted that you found your way here. Smiley

In getting to know you a bit better, if I may ask a few questions of you:
What is your preference of setting and/or genre when it comes to the written rpg?
Do you have favourite scenarios or themes that you like to roleplay?
What has been your favourite or most memorable character that you have played in a game (table top or online), and why?
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »

Hello and Welcome Malina.  It’s funny.  I have an NPC in my tabletop game by that name.  She’s a tavern wench that was kidnapped by pirates and then rescued by the heroes.   Good choices for intro stories; they were well thought out and well written.  I haven’t played vampire in ages. The last time I tried, I have to admit I was so rusty that I wasn’t very good at it.

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »

Hello, hello!

Love your story excerpts!

Welcome to WEaT!

So uh... How much wood WOULD a woodchuck, if hotdog buns come in packages of 8 and hotdogs in packages of 10?

*Nod*

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:17 PM »

*hugs enthusiastically* Thanks for the warm welcome! Oreo, my sweet, patient yummy looking thingie (never ate an Oreo in my life, see), I apologise for being this slow.
No need to apologize, I'm even slower than you, by a long shot. And Oreos really are are yummy. I think they came out in Sweden recently under the name Dominos. Maybe they will get to you sometime soon.

Maybe we are snails? *laughs* I think Oreos are already around, I remember having seen a package in some shop a few weeks ago. But not having much of an appetite around that time, three quarters of all edible things made me pull a face and recoil. Not the time to try out a new 'yummy'.

Malina my little angel pie, you made it *huggles like crazy* Awesome writing my sweet!  Cool I haven't been on here much due to work and commitments, but thats the same of the the rp forums I'm on.

As a side note, I had some Oreos this morning...YUM!  Grin

*is huggled like crazy and beams while she makes herself comfortable in your embrace* Awww, this feels like home! What, an angel pie? I must have been too well behaved off late. *laughs* Thank you so much, again, for sending me the link/referring me to this site. I know - with your workload, I'd prolly just drop onto my knees the moment I come home and the door finally closes behind me and crawl straight into bed. You just wait and see, we'll be lucky one of these days and spend another few hours online at the same time...

A warm welcome to World Enough and Time, Malina. I'm delighted that you found your way here. Smiley

In getting to know you a bit better, if I may ask a few questions of you:
What is your preference of setting and/or genre when it comes to the written rpg?
Do you have favourite scenarios or themes that you like to roleplay?
What has been your favourite or most memorable character that you have played in a game (table top or online), and why?

Thanks for the warm welcome, Airindel! *smiles*

It much depends on my current mood, what interests and inspires me at the time I want to start a new RP. I always like it if things are realistic, authentic, if the actions and motives of characters fit the setting (time, location, general atmosphere) of an RP. Always, the psychological angle intrigues me. I crave variety, which is why most of my characters are very different from each other, and why it is difficult for me to 'pick favourites'.

I always enjoy historical settings, often like a bit of fantasy or a touch of the supernatural to enter a plot, I also like RPs that play in our time, but I like to pick unusual situations, I like profiler RPs and mysteries and lots of other settings, really. I tend to often pick characters from Europe, as I'm not too familiar with America when it comes to details of everyday life, language, school system or jurisdiction. I can enjoy very serious RPs but also the lighthearted ones with a lot of humour, I also like the horror genre. I tend to combine both the RPs and my characters so that I have a good variety of personalities, moods and settings.

That is hard to answer, I have had so many characters and they have each been pretty unique, I loved most of them, especially those I wrote for over a longer time.

My most memorable one would probably be my greatest failure, the only truly bad experience I ever made with a character, the only one that ever proved to be a complete muse-killer, too. It was the only male main character I ever played. Everybody loved him, he was much sought after romance-wise and - I simply hated RPing that, eventually began to hate the character. *laughs*. I quit RPing him with many apologies and explaining my difficulties, but still one player (known for such tendencies) threw a major tantrum.

That whole experience has made so strong an impression on me I decided to never again RP a male character involved in a romance or sexual relationship with another player's character. It also taught me I'm highly intolerant to anyone 'claiming' my characters or my writing for themselves as a sort of possession or an act I am obliged to perform for their amusement. So, yes, not a favourable but a very strong impression that taught me much about myself, my writing and RP partner preferences.

Hello and Welcome Malina.  It’s funny.  I have an NPC in my tabletop game by that name.  She’s a tavern wench that was kidnapped by pirates and then rescued by the heroes.   Good choices for intro stories; they were well thought out and well written.  I haven’t played vampire in ages. The last time I tried, I have to admit I was so rusty that I wasn’t very good at it.

Hello, thanks for welcoming me! A tavern wench, huh? ^^ I picked the name from the book by Ingeborg Bachmann I happened to have on my table when I joined Elliquyi, I like the sound of the name a lot and have a few associationswith it - none of them, until now, a tavern wench, though . *grins* Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you liked them.

That Twilight hype had rather ruined vampires for me for a while, but then, interestingly while impatiently waiting for a wild, adventurous zombie RP to begin, this character sprung to my mind. She was so insistent, clear and powerful I had to write her, and in the first person. I tried to reflect a touch of anachronism and weirdness to her language, which was a lot of fun. It was challenging and amusing to write an old vampire with that slight handicap of being a tad forlorn, outdated and too fascinated with lots of things while at the same time old, experienced, and usually controlled. Especially since I was writing her completely from her own perspective. I loved it. I really should write in first person again in some of my next RPs...

Hello, hello!

Love your story excerpts!

Welcome to WEaT!

So uh... How much wood WOULD a woodchuck, if hotdog buns come in packages of 8 and hotdogs in packages of 10?

*Nod*

Oh, hello, there! *grins* Thanks and - thanks again. Wink

The answer would be 42. Are we preparing for an early Halloween barbecue or bonfire here? Poor woodchucky, though, what's he to do with only hot dogs and a few bunnies around? We need to introduce a woodtiffany... Wink
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »

It's official.  Welcome to the board.   Cheesy... as always if you have any questions... yadda yadda  Wink

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »

Welcome! Cheesy

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Soran
Geriatric Crusader.
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »

Fantastic! Knew you would be accepted hun! *huggles*

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »

Cheesy Good going Malina. Welcome aboard.

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

Thanks for welcoming me, everybody. Cheesy

Just to let you know why I'm so silent of a sudden: I've come down with a cold (and quite a fever), but I should be back and up to scratch again in a few days. Then I shall roam the board to see what you're all up to. ^^
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »

I am up to nothing good, I can assure you. Smiley

Recover swiftly!

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »

I hope you're feeling better soon, offers a pillow, hot soup and hugs.

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

And hazel nut hot cocoa!

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »

Aww, you two are very kind!  Cheesy

I am up to nothing good, I can assure you. Smiley

Recover swiftly!

Nothing good, huh? ^^ Sounds good, please continue. *lauhgs*
I wish I could stay and investigate, but although I'm getting better (which is proved by a growing restlessness and impatience with having to stay in bed), I'll have to crawl back between the sheets soon...

I hope you're feeling better soon, offers a pillow, hot soup and hugs.

How did you guess I'm hungry and in need of more pillows to prop up against?

*beams as she is huggled and gratefully takes the extra pillow and hot soup to the bed*

And hazel nut hot cocoa!

Yummy, thanks a lot! *beams once more and places the hot chocolate on the night stand, to drink it once she has finished the soup*

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »

Hooray! The fever is down and I'm officially allowed to be up on my (still somewhat shaky) legs for a few hours each day now! *beams and makes ready to explore the site*
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 10:23:29 AM »

Hooray! The fever is down and I'm officially allowed to be up on my (still somewhat shaky) legs for a few hours each day now! *beams and makes ready to explore the site*

YAY!!!

Welcome back to the land of the living! Now grab a shovel and start digging!

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »

Why, thanks!

*raises an eyebrow, chuckles, picks up the shovel and leans onto it casually, hiding her physical weakness behind a nonchalant posture*     What will it be? My own grave, or yours - or will we bury a common enemy? Evidence? Or built a trench? Is it war again, already? Obama, Obama....   *shakes her head*    Or - are we to be archaeologists? Gardeners? Treasure hunters?      *muses as her thoughts drift off, then realises she is in no condition to dig anything and looks around for someone to do the work for her*

*also looks around for someone or something she can lean on or against once the spade is no longer available to support her slightly swaying body*
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »

Oh... uh....

You wanted something specific to dig for? *looks embarrassed* Imagine my surprise....

So... Lemonade anyone?

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 03:52:46 PM »

*watches your embarrassed stuttering and cannot resist a* Well...?

Indeed, if I'm asked to dig, I want a reason for it. *laughs* Someone just telling me to do so won't be enough. Possibly not even at gunpoint.

*muses* I hate those scenes in films and books when someone knows they are going to be shot after having dug their own grave and still take the shovel, not as a weapon for an attack, a last minute attempt to survive, albeit shot and badly injured, but to actually start digging. So not the way I'd want to spend my last hours among the living. I'd either go down fighting or I'd tell the gun holding enemy to do the digging himself.

*happily accepts the lemonade*

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 04:05:06 PM »

Yeah, I never got that either. You may be surprised what you can do with a shovel, especially if you can get the face of it between you and the barrel of the gun before it goes off. You cold be on an attacker before they even think to pull the trigger again.

Although the line, "Welcome back to the land of the living, now grab a shovel and start digging!" Is a quote from a particular movie...

I'll get you a shot of whatever you like in your lemonade if you can tell me where it's from. Smiley

Malina
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »

Plus, triggered by your survivor's instincts, you will develop impressive strength and determination. A shovel makes a great weapon. Grin

Such scenes always make me cringe. Or - someone wakes up and hears an intruder somewhere in the house. What do they do? First, they switch on the light and ruin their night vision, then they either pick no weapon at all or one not very suitable. Next, they leave the one place they know the intruder isn't in to start more or less blindly feeling their way around in their dark house searching for the villain. Okay, nothing tops those (usually women) who run away, hide, and either start screaming or breathing and whimpering rather loudly to give away their exact position...  Wink

I must admit I don't know where the quote is from. I can't recall ever having heard or seen it anywhere (I totally thought it was your own cool creation). Either I haven't seen the film yet or not in English, I suppose. Or else, my memory forsakes me once more...

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 07:08:08 PM »

>.> Welcome back to the land of the living, now grab a shovel and start digging...Does it have anything to do with Ash and Deadites?

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »

>.> Welcome back to the land of the living, now grab a shovel and start digging...Does it have anything to do with Ash and Deadites?

It does indeed!!

As for the home-invasion scenario. That's why we have live steel in every room of the house, and we all study its use daily. Even the kids. Someone breaks in here and they will due a grizzly, wet death. Even if they get me before we get them.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Malina leaves her calling card
Jump to: