World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:10:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Greetings and Felicitations from Dabria
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings and Felicitations from Dabria  (Read 16563 times)
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

Referrals: 0

peregrinus

« on: July 30, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

Greetings and felicitations to the Honorable members of WE&T. My name is Dabria, as some of you may know me from other sites, and I am very interested in participating in your forums. So if you would be as of so kind as to take a moment and review my application, I would very much appreciate it.  I have listed my responses below to the questions put forth in the instructions thread, and hope that you find it to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,
            Dabria

* How did you hear about the site?

As I believe honesty is the best policy, I followed a link from another members thread. It is very much like going down the rabbit hole in many ways. Jumping in head first and not sure what is waiting for you at the bottom.

* What sort of roleplay and/or writing have you done before?

I consider myself something of a veteran of table top games, participating in them for over 18 years and focusing in the role play over dice rolling aspect for sometime. I write a good bit on another role playing site when work and time allow. As for writing in general, poetry has been my mainstay since I was a child and in the last two years I have been working on a novel.

* Are there any games, genres, authors or game/fiction universes that you particularly do or don't like?

My personal preference for games at this time new World of Darkness and GURPS. As for genres I have never been truly settled on one genre in particular, though I do find myself writing a lot of supernatural with a contemporary twist. I am open to just about any genre, call me greedy.

* Are there any types of adult content that you do or don't like?

I am a big fan of personal horror tales. Becoming something darker than you began and dealing with the repercussions of the choices one is forced to make. As for adult content that I am not particularly fond of tends to lie in the realm of incest, vore, and bestiality. All are unique and I am sure they have their draw for other people, just not me.

*You are over 21 years old (or 18-21 with prior approval/invitation from site management to join), and it is legal in your area for you to view adult content.

I will be 35 on October 2,1974 and am very much legal to view adult material in all countries to the best of my knowledge.

I am most definitely female, as proven by my hormone addled mind on more than one occasion every month.In which case I do my best to keep my alligator mouth in check.

* You have read and understand the site rules

I have read the site rules and agree to abide by them completely.

My writing sample is from another role playing site, so it is accessible via the internet, yet you still have to be a member of their site to view it. I hope that it is acceptable.

From Cutlass' Kiss

The wind filled the sails of the sloop pressing the craft ever forward to an unknown destiny. Josephine St.James stood upon the deck, the wind whipping her long auburn strands free from the braid underneath the board brimmed straw hat affixed to her head with a scarf of long light blue tulle. The deck hands rushing past her could not help but eye the young woman. Imagining her taut form open and pliable to their rough needy wantings, but gave no mention or word to their unusual passenger.

Why had her father insisted on her traveling on the fastest ship available? There would be enough time for her to marry this Lord what-ever-his-name-was. She did not care to marry someone she had never met, but attempting at being a dutiful daughter was the foremost on her mind. After the nightmarish repeated attempts to marry her off to these old men, Lord this and Duke that, she had made herself so unattractive to them all by way of a rather shrewish attitude. Lord St. James was at his wits end with her, and finally demanded that she acquiesce to being properly married or be disowned altogether. She was moving past being of the desired age for marriage at 20. His nieces were usually betrothed at 16 or 17, yet Josephine was forever reluctant and troublesome finding some flaw with every suitor,causing such an uproar with societal trappings, that no man would have her.

Now here she stood on the broad Atlantic headed for Port-au-Prince with his letter tightly gripped in her gloved hand. She would be delivered post haste to him in Caribbean to marry a wealthy sugar plantation owner. It would secure her in a good marriage and of course continued good business dealings with the French. Bargained off like so much chattel, she crumpled the letter in her hand and cursed her father under her breath. If something, anything would just prevent this awful thing from happening, where was a hurricane when she needed one.

Omnia vincit Amor...
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:37:16 AM »

I will be 35 as of October 2, 2009. I noticed that little mistake just a moment ago and since I cannot edit my posts yet, this i my correction.

Thankyou

D

Omnia vincit Amor...
Archangel
The Forgotten Angel
Fella
Operations

Referrals: 3

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:04:45 AM »

Good morning Dabria, and welcome !!!! It's very nice to see another familiar face.

Do you dream of Angels?
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »

Welcome Dabria.  That is a nice intro story.  I look forward to seeing more of your writing.

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

Referrals: 1

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »

Hail and well met!

*Ahem*

Now that the traditional viking greeting is out of the way...

Lovely prose, I hope to read more in future! Welcome. Smiley

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Lilias
La Blanche
Femme Fatale
Hunted

Referrals: 702

Pas a pas se va luènh.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »

Another familiar face *grins* Glad to have you here in the wee place too!

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill.
The Lists <> The Games <> Journal

NaNoWriMo 2013: Won at 52,268 words!
Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »

It is good to see you here darling. *hugs*

What are some of your favorite horror tales?

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein
Hannibal
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »

Hi Dabria Smiley Good to see you again *hugs*

My website for art and imagery: Hannibal's Stuff

You can find my collection of Poser & Daz Studio renders.
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »

Wow what a wonderful greeting!thank you all. I am very glad to be here, it is good to see familiar names as well as some new ones. *big hugs to all*

Elandra, right now my favorite personal horror story to date is probably the Anita Blake series. Simple because she begins as this very assured person in the beginning yet slowly but surely she is becoming the monsters she hunts. I know it does not really fall into that particular genre at the moment, but it seems that way to me.

Omnia vincit Amor...
Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »

Anita Blake....I admit I loved the first eight books, but soon after they became all about sex, with the exception of Obsidian Butterfly.  *shrugs*

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

I agree elandra, I am reading incubus dreams right now and her whole level of badassery seems to be gone. Maybe it will improve. *huggles*

Omnia vincit Amor...
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »

I have been advised that in Skin trade you get through 3/4ths of the book before you get to any sex scenes.  I’m looking forward to reading that one.  =)

I had heard that Laurell had been starting to have night terrors and her friends actually took away her serial killer and cop research and told her to take a break form those storylines and that’s why it veered so far from where she had started.  I still love her books, some of the scenes I find HOT.  But I do admit I now prefer Merry Gentry over Anita Blake.  At least there is REASON for all of the sex in that storyline.  =)

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

I have not started on the Merry Gentry books. Are those the ones about the fae?

Omnia vincit Amor...
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »

Yes.  LOVE THEM!.. Some people claim she's a complete mary sure.  But I think its still a fun rolercoaster reguardless

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »

I guess I know what is getting added to my reading list. Has anyone read Night Watch?

Omnia vincit Amor...
Elandra
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »

I have not read Night Watch, but have read the Meredith Gentry series.

As for Skin Trade, it is true there is not a sex scene for much of the book but without giving much of the book away, I found it a BIG disappointment. There was so much she could have done with it and instead she went with an easy solution. I felt let down when I saw the potential of what the books used to be like disappear into what they have been for a while.

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

Well I have found that occurs in many series, as I am sure the writer winds up with life heavily influencing the manuscript. I know that when things get screwy around me, my writing suffers. I am not proud of that, but it does happen. I think I can forgive Hamilton on this one, I want to read it regardless. I really like the Anita Blake character and feel that she has become so much more than just a fledgling necromancer, at some point I am waiting for the full evolution of her sociopath side to make itself known.

On the flip side, monsters finding their heart is of great appeal to me as well. Take the book Hannibal, for instance. Tom Harris is one of my favorite writers, and it made my heart go pitter patter at the end of that book.

As for Night Watch a  friend lent it to me, and we tend to read along the same genres often. So I will give a full report after I am done with it.  Grin

Omnia vincit Amor...
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

Night Watch by Laurell?  I'm not aware of that book.  Ive read Nightseer.  Not bad, obviously her early work.  It would have been nice if she could have gotten someone to pick up the sequels that were obviously intended for it.  The only book that I have outright hated was her Ravenloft novel. Death of a Darklord.  Ugh! hated the whole thing from beginning to end.  If you like short stories I also recommend strange candy.  The story about Nessi is ADORABLE, and A Lust of Cupids was sweet.

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »

No, Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko . Its a Russian novel about two opposing supernatural groups and their stories.

Omnia vincit Amor...
PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »

Nightwatch....

I uh..... Saw the movie. Was pretty good actually. Haven't seen Daywatch yet.

I'd love to read them, I need to get through this other pile of reading first though.

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on that.  Sounds interesting.   Smiley

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:22 AM »

It's actually really interesting. Not your typical were-creatures/vampires affair. If normality holds true here, I would imagine that the books are pretty amazing, since the movie was pretty good. Smiley

Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »

Well that is why my friend left the first book with me, because he felt it would be right up my alley. So I am excited to see what comes of it.

Omnia vincit Amor...
Lilias
La Blanche
Femme Fatale
Hunted

Referrals: 702

Pas a pas se va luènh.

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:21 AM »

We have all four books at home (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch, Last Watch); the spousal unit is reading the final one right now. I haven't started on them yet, but from his comments they're urban fantasy of the best kind. Glad you're enjoying the one you're reading!

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill.
The Lists <> The Games <> Journal

NaNoWriMo 2013: Won at 52,268 words!
Airindel
Skirt
Hunter

Referrals: 2

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »

Hey you!  Welcome to World Enough & Time.

And it's been forever since I spoke with you. I'll have to remedy that. I hope your well, Dabria. Smiley
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »

*gives hugs to Airindel!* How are you darling? It has been ages.

Omnia vincit Amor...
Airindel
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 05:04:55 PM »

*huggles*

It has been ages, hasn't it? Far too long.
I'm well, my family is well, the cat is well, the fish is well...all is well.  *laughs* We survived vacationing together.
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »

Things with are as they ever were...changing. It's like chaos lives in my closet and likes to steal my pretty panties Tongue. I am glad to hear things are going so..well Cheesy Yet you make no mention of this years flower beds? *Is suspicious as to what Aelfric has done to them* Makes me wonder.

*hugs*

D

Omnia vincit Amor...
Airindel
Skirt
Hunter

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »

Flower beds..yes, that ...urmmm.

I blame Mother Nature and her need for rain this summer for my lack of gardening.
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »

Oh well, there is always next year. I am in an apartment now, so only potted plants on my balcony.

Omnia vincit Amor...
Trieste
Only Mostly Crazy
Directrix
Wanted

Referrals: 9

Femme Fatale

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »

Hello. Smiley

"Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault." ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Rapt/Dabria
Redeemed...
Skirt
Person of Interest

peregrinus

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »

Thank you Miss Trieste *curtsies*

Omnia vincit Amor...
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Greetings and Felicitations from Dabria
Jump to: