World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:02:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Introducing Monsignor Tricorn
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Introducing Monsignor Tricorn  (Read 17140 times)
Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 0

« on: August 19, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

Hello everyone. Where to begin? I'm Monsignor Tricorn, which is a name I picked specifically for this website, so it's not entirely one I'm used to. I'll do my best to try to acclimate myself to my new monicker. So lets get started with the questions.

How did you hear about the site?

I heard about the site when I went to check my bookmarks on Elliquiy, because I've been a member over there for...oh, coming up on a year now, I think. Anyway, I went to Elliquiy, but found a page that said it was being moved and it linked to this forum and another, both of which I think I stumbled across when I was looking for a new place and found Elliquiy about a year ago, as I said.

What sort of roleplay and/or writing have you done before?

Well, I got my start roleplaying around ten years ago when I started playing D&D 3.5 with some of my high school friends. More recently, around...I dunno, seven years ago, I joined an adult roleplaying site and started getting into that sort of thing. I'm not going to get into what the RPing site I used to go to was, but I must say Elliquiy is better by leaps and bounds than the forum I used to go to and WEaT having a similar screening process makes me think I'll be just as pleased here.

As for writing, I've wanted to be a writer for years. I say wanted to be because while I have a lot of good ideas, I have trouble motivating myself and following through. I tend to want to write what I read, which has been mostly fantasy novels and comics. So most of the stories I start and never finish are fantasy or modern science fiction kinds of things. I often contemplate trying my hand at more adult themed writing, but I never have so far.

Are there any games, genres, authors or game/fiction universes that you particularly do or don't like?

Most of the things I do like fall under the fantasy genre. I spent years reading almost nothing but D&D novels. I'm trying to branch out a bit these days. As for video games, I'm kind of all across the board. Old JRPGs like Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensai, Chrono Trigger, and for newer things I like, I think the Elder Scrolls series is brilliant, I love the style and flavor of Borderlands, and I'm crazy about Pokemon.

I think my favorite author these days is Neil Gaiman, but some others would be like...Glen Cook, Paul S. Kemp, Christopher Moore, and Richard Lee Byers. And while I may not read much out of my comfort zone, I like a lot of different genres in non-novel mediums, like I love horror, whether it be a Silent Hill game or a campy 80's creature feature. I like certain sci-fi settings, like I used to be really into Star Wars in grade school and I like dirty, gritty post-apocalyptic settings like Fallout and I always wanted to try the Gamma World table-top game. As for fictional universes I like, I'm a huge fan of the mythos of the Elder Scrolls series, I love the Eberron setting for D&D, and any comic setting, really. I love DC just as much as Marvel and I even like more obscure ones like the world that City of Heroes takes place in.

Genres and other things I don't particularly care for would be...I don't like a lot of anime anymore. I kind of went through an anime phase when all I had access to was...well, not particularly good anime. There are some that I do like, like Speed Grapher, Cyborg 009, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, some Gundam, and a few others, but other than that, I'm not into very many anime series. As for video game settings I don't particularly like, the main one that comes to mind is Mass Effect. I love the first one, but I felt like they got worse and worse.

Are there any types of adult content that you do or don't like?

I'll start with the things I don't care for. I don't like blood, gore, vore, scat, watersports, extreme bondage or torture, slave training, mind control, non-consensual, or extreme sizes.

Anything else, I can probably be talked into. I tend to have fairly vanilla tastes. I like pretty normal sex, just...sometimes that normal sex might take place in someone's butt or involve a girl with both male and female sex organs (which are two things I actually really enjoy).

For my writing sample, I don't have access to any of my things from Elliquiy, except I have a piece of writing I submitted to Elliquiy to be considered for admission, but it's really long, so I had to find a portion to take from it. Here that is:

I looked down at my watch again. You ever do that? Something seems like it's taking forever and you check your watch. You read it, maybe even out loud, but you don't really register what time it said. And this seemed like the slowest elevator in the world to me. And having been around as long as I have, I've been on some pretty damn slow elevators. I tapped my scythe on the floor impatiently and the man that rode in the elevator with me glanced over at me. He was a man in his his mid forties, slightly overweight, with curly graying hair and a mustache. He was coming home from his job as a maintenance man and still had his dusty coveralls on. His name was Walter Philips and he was holding a pizza, dinner for his wife and his little daughter. I knew all this because I can sort of look into people's souls. Because I'm Death.
   I could smell the pizza from where I stood and it smelled great. I looked over at him and gave him a friendly nod and smile. He returned it. He didn't see me as the Reaper of Souls, the whole robed skeleton thing, because I have this shroud on me. Makes my job easier if I look and feel like a real person, plus when I'm like that, I can eat and for someone who doesn't have to worry about calories or cholesterol, eating is a lot of fun. I don't have that much down time, but it's nice to have a bite on the go. To Walter there, I looked like a nondescript man of indeterminate age wearing slacks, comfortable leather shoes, and a black hoodie with the hood up. Nothing too memorable. Right now, the scythe looks like a coat rack. I'll admit, I do that to mess with people.
   “Smells good,” I told him, leaning against the coat rack.
   “Hawaiin. My old lady's favorite,” he said, holding up the pizza box. He gestured toward the coat rack with it. “What's that for?”
   “Found it at a thrift store. Thought my friend might like.”
   Walter nodded, then turned back to the front of the elevator. After that, it wasn't long before we reached Walter's floor. I waved as he left the elevator and he nodded back as he left. A few floors later, I finally got to where I was headed. The door of the apartment had little metal numbers on it, 1104. I knocked on the door with my coat rack scythe. I was there to find a Candice Sloan. Often times I will employ subtlety to try to make sure I have the right soul. I'll think of some pretext for coming into people's homes to talk to them for a bit, maybe go through their mail to make sure I'm in the right place, but if I'm in a hurry, I usually just drop the shroud and show them who I really am. Old school theatrics usually get it done quicker. And I found myself craving pizza after seeing Walter in the elevator.
   So it was that I was a bleach white skeleton when a girl in her late teens answered the door. She was wearing short pajama shorts and a tank top and she had her hair up in a messy bun. She was holding a pint of Ben and Jerry's in her left hand and she had a spoon clenched between her teeth. Her bespectacled eyes widened in shock at the site of me and the spoon fell from her mouth.
   I drew myself up to my full height and threw my arms out dramatically, but before I could start into my whole Grim Reaper speech, she shut the door in my face. I quickly wrapped on the door again with my scythe.
   “Go away! I just ordered a pizza and you're gonna scare away the guy,” I heard her say through the door. She sounded a little hysterical, understandably so, and she sounded a little stuffed up.
   “What kind of piz-” I started to ask in my dry deep, scary voice. I caught myself and switched to my more human voice. “Ahem. What uh...what kind of pizza did you order?”
   There was a pause on the other side of the door. I heard her pick up her dropped spoon and the floor creaked as she stepped up to look through the peephole. I waved at her. “You want to know what kind of pizza I ordered?”
   “Yeah. I'm kind of in the mood for a slice,” I said, scratching the back of my head.
   “Skeletons don't have stomachs,” she said. “You can't eat pizza. Go away.”
   “I sort of...turn into a form that can...” I started to say, then shook my head. “Look, it doesn't matter. I can eat pizza. And I'm a very reasonable...embodiment of a fundamental part of nature. Let me come in and we can talk about this over some pizza.”

And the last parts:

I'm over 21 years of age (25 if anyone was curious, but I'm not really that old mentally, trust me) and as far as I know, my particular US state has no laws against this sort of thing.

I am a male.

I have read and understand the rules of the site.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »

Tricon?  You picked a screen name that has to do with a hat?  That is different!   Welcome to the site.   

Hmmm…  Since you listed D&D and fantasy as your gateway to roleplay… In your opinion which is better, abjuration or evocation and why?

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

Referrals: 9

I hear voices...

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

Dropping by with a friendly wave. Hi, Tricorn.

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Look that my staves be sound, and not too heavy... So, I am satisfied.
Give me a bowl of wine. I have not that alacrity of spirit,
nor cheer of mind, that I was wont to have. Is ink and paper ready?
                                     ~ King Richard III - Shakespeare
Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »

It's an inside joke among my friends that came about from an inside joke that was part of an even earlier inside joke. It's...really convoluted.

That's an unexpected question. And here is my rather long answer. First off, when I consider that question, I immediately think of wizards. And when I think of that, I think of what I have played, which is to say that I always make enchanters or illusionists that have evocation as a banned school. This isn't because I dislike evocation, it's because we had this one guy playing with us who mis-read the specialized schools rules and assumed that if you banned more two schools each time, you could specialize more than once. So he talked the new player who was DMing for the first time into letting him be triple specialized in evocation. And he actually made practically the same character several times. And then he would be really boastful and act like he was carrying the team, when because of what everyone chose, I always had to be both a tank and a skill monkey. Which made me hate evocation a little bit and it also made me decide that whenever he was playing in a game with me and he wasn't the party wizard, I would be and I would make one that had no attack spells at all just to get his goat when we had to fight say trolls or something.

From a player standpoint, I feel like evocation is a more useful school because I often never have time to cast a bunch of buff spells before a fight and I don't want to waste turns doing it once the monsters are actually swinging at me. I'm that way in a lot of things, though. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, you name it. I'll choose the spell or move that will do damage over the buff any day. Also, I feel like the core evocation spells are better than the core abjuration spells. You have to go hunting through odd sourcebooks to find the super good abjuration spells. And if I'm using books outside of the core three, I'd probably just make a warmage so I can cast evocation spells and wear armor.

So I guess evocation, begrudgingly. Because I like the idea of other schools better, but I personally am just more effective with
evocation.

Also, hi, Oreo.
Remy Vonn
Wife, Mum, Friend.
Skirt
Hunted

Had we but world enough, and time.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »

Hi there and welcome! :-)

I roleplay on the open public forum only.
Please do not pm asking for private rp via IM or Messenger. Thank you.

Thinking out Loud. My OOC proposals and Introduction.

Posting rate, 4 to 5 days.
Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

I know nothing about D&D to ask, so I will inquire about FF. Which was your favorite? Annnnd, do you hate or love XIII? Why?

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »

I know nothing about D&D to ask, so I will inquire about FF. Which was your favorite? Annnnd, do you hate or love XIII? Why?

That's sort of a tough one for me to answer. There are a lot of deciding factors for me, there. Like there are a few of them where I love the story but hate the combat system and a few where the opposite is true. And there are a couple that kind of feel too similar to other ones or at least they don't bring enough new things to the table for me.

Wait, forget all that stuff I said. Final Fantasy VI. That one is my favorite. By a longshot. But I would like to add the disclaimer that even though it's only made by the same company and not tied in any other way to Final Fantasy, I like Chrono Trigger better than all of them.

I never played XIII that much. I mean I think the concept is interesting, but I would have named it something else so people weren't like "Oh, this is crap. This isn't a Final Fantasy game." Same with the two MMOs. I would have called them Final Fantasy Online and Final Fantasy Online II or something. That being said, I think the age of Final Fantasy games I'm absolutely going to love is gone. I think they're just going to keep coming out with weird things that don't feel like a proper continuation of the series to me. Instead of doing something cool like coming out with Kingdom Hearts games faster or making another game in the Chrono franchise, maybe something that's a more direct sequel than Chrono Cross was.

But I'm kind of getting away from myself. VI was my favorite and I'm pretty indifferent to XIII.

Also, hello to you, Remy.
Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I only started playing the games two years ago. I am waiting to find an older tv so I can enjoy the versions that came out before X. I tried playing IX, but it was too pixilated in HD large screen for me to see with enough definition to play.

I have to agree that XIII gets a bad rap because of the name. I played it after playing Star Ocean and fell in love with the story as it developed. Took me two times through to beat it.

Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »

I never really got very far in Star Ocean. The only one I played was the PS2 one. Till The End Of Time I think it was called. I guess I just don't do that well with switching between characters. I'm more used to AI like in Kingdom Hearts where for the most part, they do all right on their own and I don't have to babysit them, let alone switch to them.

And yeah, I only have an old, and rather small, TV so right now, it works because I don't own any of the current generation gaming systems and it works okay with my PS2 and my original XBox. I'm trying to play through Morrowind, but it has such a steep learning curve compared to what I'm used to.
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

Hey.. just wanted to let you know that there has been a small question from the admin on your app so there might be a short wait but we will get you approved as soon as possible.   In the mean time I have adjusted permissions to give you access to the more public areas of the forum and I thank you for your patience. 

Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »

[quote author=Yanaba79 link=topic=1131.msg31564#msg31564 date=1376936115]
Hey.. just wanted to let you know that there has been a small question from the admin on your app so there might be a short wait but we will get you approved as soon as possible.   In the mean time I have adjusted permissions to give you access to the more public areas of the forum and I thank you for your patience. 
[/quote]

Concerning this, if it helps at all, my username is Zekromnomnom on Elliquiy. I kind of got tired having a play on the name of a pokemon as my username. Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do to clear anything up.
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »

Honestly it might help... We've just got a bit of a backlog right now.  I promise I'm getting it worked through as quickly as I can.

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »

And you are clear, thank you for your patience!

Monsignor Tricorn
The Great and Terrible
Fella
Grifter

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 04:32:27 PM »

Thank you.
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Introducing Monsignor Tricorn
Jump to: