World Enough and Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
33995 Posts in 1435 Topics by 356 Members
Latest Member: Lurker
* Home PM Inbox SMF Help User Guide Site Rules Staff Members Tag Search ZC Blog Fiction & Art Login Register
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Branwen's Introduction
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Branwen's Introduction  (Read 7850 times)
Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

Referrals: 0

Playful, Whimsical Little.

« on: July 11, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »

Hi, my name is Branwen.  Thank you for allowing me to apply for membership here.

How did you hear about the site?

I'd heard about it through Elliquiy, and most recently it was recommended to my by Cycle.

What sort of roleplay and/or writing have you done before?

I've roleplayed, mainly through systems, since I was fifteen.  However my creative writing didn't start until about 1999 and most of my creative writing has been in the form of roleplaying.  I almost never write stand alone stories and am certainly not ambitious enough to undertake something like NaNoWriMo.  I've been writing as a roleplayer for over a decade but have only really become what I consider proficient to skilled at it in the last several years.  I'm at the point now where I largely eschew system games in favor of the creativity that a free form environment allows.  That's not a slight against system games, merely a personal preference.  I also enjoy it because it encourages players to build consensus and work amicably behind the scenes rather than allow dice to settle conflict which can itself cause further conflict.

Are there any games, genres, authors or game/fiction universes that you particularly do or don't like?

I'm a fan of contemporary settings.  I live there, I know the world intimately and it helps bring a level of realism to my writing that might otherwise be absent.  I don't understand anime or Pokemon, a generation gap thing I believe, and I prefer not to play in those settings because of my own ignorance.  They're wonderful I think, just not something I enjoy.

Are there any types of adult content that you do or don't like?

Most content I have no problem writing and none reading.  I'm not a fan of vore, scat, urine vomit, furries, fisting, enemas & torture for torture's sake.

I am over 21 years old, and it is legal in your area for me to view adult content.

I have read and understand the site rules and will stay current with them.

Writing Sample

A scene setting post for a story called Room 300 about a very exclusive hotel for fantasies and the enigmatic Manager who makes them come true.  My character's fantasy is to give the Manager a single, ordinary night with her playing as his beloved, taking him out of his role as a Manager and into her fantasy if him as a man.  I was fortunate enough to write it with an amazing word slinger named Cycle.

The water was lovely today.

Sky and ocean mated in a kiss of elements and the child was the same color as her eyes.  Eyes that looked out over the gentle waves and the beach and saw not it, but something else entirely.  She thought about him, about his reputation and about the extraordinary women who received his attentions.  Meeting one of them had been sheer chance; they'd shared a table at a wedding reception, both without dates and not caring, and struck up an immediate if short-lived friendship rooted in strawberry cake and too much champagne.  Melinda, no last name was ever given, hadn't met him directly but had instead been with another man arranged by him, the Manager.  Melinda and Christine had spoken late into the reception and Melinda's tale of what happened had Christine grateful she always carried a spare pantiliner just in case.

It had taken almost a month to find the next extraordinary woman, Jane.  Whatever had happened, and Jane wasn't saying much except she always got a dreamy expression on her face and called the man Sir - you could hear the capital letter - Jane didn't regret being with him instead of her fiancee.  Jane also told about the ghost story girl.

That one had been harder to find.  Her name was Harlow and Christine had an immediate fit of jealousy that her parents had been so shortsighted as to not steal that name for their daughter instead of the merely mundane Christine.  Harlow's tale could have gone to Hollywood and made millions of dollars.  It was terrifying and erotic and by the end of the telling, Christine thought her heart was going to stop and she and Harlow ended up comforting each other in a sister-like hug that lasted the better part of an hour.

The last woman Christine had been able to find refused to give her name, refused even to meet face to face.  She was fiercely protective of her privacy and what had happened in Room 306.  Whatever it was whatever she'd done or had done to her, she had taken it into the very core of her being and would remember it the rest of her days.  306 told Christine how her mind and body had melded, soared even as they were chained by leather and steel and of the sense of rightness, of freedom being held captive had brought her.

There were others, but these were the most extraordinary.  These were the ones Christine had been able to identify and speak with.  They'd given her a glimpse inside multiple worlds, multiple sexualities and fantasies that Christine had only been peripherally aware of.  Fantasies that didn't necessarily line up with her own, but they all had a common theme.

The Manager.

He was ceaseless, perfect, a mind reader and a master magician and never, ever caught flat footed.  Whether it was his personal hands on a woman's skin or someone he'd cast in the role, nothing happened without the Manager making sure it was perfect.  That drive, that utter will and personal involvement, that was what struck a chord in Christine.  That was what she wanted.

Wanted to set aside for him, just once, and let him be the client.

She'd never seen the Manager, only seen his car coming and going, the lights on in his suite and office at all hours, always seen the work being done in his wake and the perfection and smiling people he oversaw.  They were fiercely loyal, men and women alike, and she'd been utterly unable to pierce any of his secrets.

Except one.

Christine was still gazing out over the ocean when the door opened and she felt him step into the room.  Waiting a carefully considered half minute, as if she was lost in thought, Christine turned and pretended to notice him for the first time.

"Darling," she said in a tone as sunny as the vista beyond the windows.  "You're home."  Christine walked towards him, spindly high heels clicking on the hard surface and their lift sculpting her legs to within an inch of agony.  Never once letting her eyes focus on anything but his face, Christine went right up to him and placed her palms flat on his chest.  The shirt was crisp, smelled of starch still, and the man smell beneath it was so heady Christine knew she'd never forget it.  Ever.  Pressing up onto her toes, which wasn't much higher than the heels, she rested her weight and balance on him and kissed his cheek then drew her face back.

"I missed you terribly.  Come sit down," she urged and stepped back, taking each of his large hands in one of her much smaller ones and walking backwards, leading him to the sofa.  "Sit," Christine said again, smiling, and waited until he did so.  She managed the Manager.

"I'm going to have a drink, just a little one.  I'll bring you one as well."  Christine stood a moment before him, looking clean and pure and innocently elegant in her white lace dress, then turned in a swirl of skirt and scent of springtime blossoms and sandalwood.  "How was your day at work, darling?" she asked, her back to him at the small bar.  He saw her reach out and pick up an oddly erotic bottle he recognized immediately.

AsomBroso Reserva Del Porto tequila.  It was his favorite, his personal joy, and only his closest circle of staff knew that.  She had to have brought it with her too.  He didn't stock any and no client had ever requested it.  How did she know?  Amber liquid flowed into a small, wine-like glass.  Again, it was his preferred method to sip and savor.  He wasn't a college boy, doing shooters of cheap tequila and licking lime and salt off a sorority girl's tit.  He was a man of taste and well cultivated preferences.  Even though the Manager couldn't quite see from the sofa, he was now willing to bet the glass she would bring was not only the right kind, but the same exquisite crystal he bought from a little shop in Venice.

It was.  Christine pressed it into his hand, her fingertips caressing his as she did so, then she smoothed her skirt and sat down beside him.

He could already feel the warmth of her body, her thigh, where it pressed against his.  She turned, drawing one leg up, and held a glass of white wine in her hand.  Christine put one hand on his forearm, and raised her glass towards his and let them chime delicately before raising it to her lips for a sip.

She never looked away while she drank.

"You were about to tell me about your day," she prompted.

persephone325
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 03:11:40 AM »

Hi Branwen! I wish you a speedy approval, and hope you have fun here! Smiley
Lilias
La Blanche
Femme Fatale
Hunted

Referrals: 702

Pas a pas se va luènh.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:13:56 AM »

Well, well, well, they're just popping out of the woodwork these days! (I blame school holidays. Grin)

Welcome to the wordy corner! What is your writing equipment of choice? Don't bother to mention keyboards; they're rubbish for signing autographs. Wink

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill.
The Lists <> The Games <> Journal

NaNoWriMo 2013: Won at 52,268 words!
Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

Referrals: 11

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:13 AM »

I don’t blame anything, I’m just thrilled to see new people!   Welcome to the site Branwen, it’s wonderful to be getting new people.  Hmmmm….   If you could paint a perfect picture of a moment in your life, what would you paint?

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

Hi Branwen! I wish you a speedy approval, and hope you have fun here! Smiley
Hi, Persephone.  Small world.  Thank you for the good luck wishes and I can't imagine not enjoying my visits here.  It seems to attract some pretty wonderful people. 

Well, well, well, they're just popping out of the woodwork these days! (I blame school holidays. Grin)

Welcome to the wordy corner! What is your writing equipment of choice? Don't bother to mention keyboards; they're rubbish for signing autographs. Wink
Woodwork?  Is that it's new nickname? (:  Thank you for the welcome, Lilias, and it's nice to see you.

Sharpie pens, medium point.  Not Sharpies, Sharpie pens.  They come in a limited rainbow of colors but more then enough for writing and, more importantly, making notes for my students with.  They're precise, don't bleed and whatever magic they use to make the tips so they don't mush out like regular felt tip pens is, well, magical.  The fine points are good too, and I prefer them, but they don't show up as nicely when using a document camera.

I don’t blame anything, I’m just thrilled to see new people!   Welcome to the site Branwen, it’s wonderful to be getting new people.  Hmmmm….   If you could paint a perfect picture of a moment in your life, what would you paint?
Hello, Yanaba.  It's very nice to meet you and I admire that you run a site with a healthy approval process.

As much as I'd like to listen to Bob Ross talk-paint happy little trees in oil, I'd have to work in watercolors.  The gauzy, soft and romantic feel of them is something I very much enjoy.  The moment would be any one of the times a former student has told me that I'm the one adult in their life who genuinely cared about them and helped them get through school.  Sometimes it happens at graduation, sometimes not until years later but it validates me tremendously and lets me know that what I do actually makes a difference in people's lives.

Now if I was only better about remembering their names once they've grown up...

Cycle
Fella
Grifter

Referrals: 1

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:46 AM »

Hi Branwen!

Good to see you here.  Smiley   Did you know you can make watercolors from sharpies? 

So there you go.  The best of both worlds!  Good luck with approval!

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »

Hi Branwen!

Good to see you here.  Smiley   Did you know you can make watercolors from sharpies? 

So there you go.  The best of both worlds!  Good luck with approval!

Hi, Cycle.  Fancy meeting you here.

I did not know you could do that.  I know I keep bottles of isopropyl on hand because it's the best thing to get unintentional Sharpie out of things, and I've used it before to show paper chromatography with them, but never for just fun.  I may have to do that on the next one I think is almost worn out. 

Thank you for the idea and for the good luck wish.

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:29:24 AM »

Well... It looks like you will fit in here just fine Branwen..... Welcome to the Site.  =)

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 09:31:34 AM »

Thank you, Yanaba.  My goodness that was painless and fun! 

Now the learning curve begins.  Someone hand me a rope.

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »

Welcome aboard! Smiley

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 09:58:02 AM »

Thank you, PaulLell. 

I was just reading your posts about IWL and Gender Genie.  Apparently, based on the sample I gave it from something I'm working on right now, I write like Chuck Palahniuk.

I'd say more but the first rule of writing like Chuck Palahniuk is you don't talk about writing like Chuck Palahniuk.  (:

I'm going to feed it some other samples from different stories later and see what it comes back as.  And then maybe conversational samples to see who I talk like?

Anyway, fun thing and so is Gender Genie!

PaulLell
Fella
Double O

He's Just this guy, you know?

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:17:07 AM »

Thank you, PaulLell. 

I was just reading your posts about IWL and Gender Genie.  Apparently, based on the sample I gave it from something I'm working on right now, I write like Chuck Palahniuk.

I'd say more but the first rule of writing like Chuck Palahniuk is you don't talk about writing like Chuck Palahniuk.  (:

I'm going to feed it some other samples from different stories later and see what it comes back as.  And then maybe conversational samples to see who I talk like?

Anyway, fun thing and so is Gender Genie!

That was awesome. I lauged out loud and got funny looks from co-workers. Good way to start a day. Thank you!

"To thine own self be true, and thou canst not then be false to anyone."  ~William Shakespeare~
Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »

You're welcome!  And sorry about your coworkers.  Tell them it was a Dilbert strip.

I'm loving Gender Genie.  Not surprisingly it says all my academic writing is male, as I suspect most of it from any source would be.  I am ending up with a 35:24 ratio female to male in the limited samples of fiction I'm feeding it.  It's very useful to see what it considers masculine words and the values for them.

Beowulf
Wandering the Forests of the Mind
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »

Welcome milady; I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

You present and intriguing writing sample: a fresh take on Fantasy Island perhaps.  

I hope you find some interesting stories here.

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

Thank you, Beowulf or do you prefer m'lord?  I can't help but enjoy my time here I think.  It's a community of writers and roleplayers and they're just the best people. 

Thank you for the compliment on the writing sample.  Yes, the theme the author set up for that story (and similar ones) is that there's a hotel and each room holds whatever fantasy the woman checking into the room desires.  Only in my case, my fantasy was for the Manager to have a normal day and evening, as if with his bride or beloved, and let the man in the Manager emerge.  It was an amazing story to write with a stunning author and we both hope to finish it one day.

Is there a story of yours you'd like me to look at?

Beowulf
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »

Thank you, Beowulf or do you prefer m'lord?  I can't help but enjoy my time here I think.  It's a community of writers and roleplayers and they're just the best people. 

Thank you for the compliment on the writing sample.  Yes, the theme the author set up for that story (and similar ones) is that there's a hotel and each room holds whatever fantasy the woman checking into the room desires.  Only in my case, my fantasy was for the Manager to have a normal day and evening, as if with his bride or beloved, and let the man in the Manager emerge.  It was an amazing story to write with a stunning author and we both hope to finish it one day.

Is there a story of yours you'd like me to look at?

Beowulf will do nicely, milady. 

The premise seems very similar to the original Fantasy Island series starring Ricardo Montalbán that ABC aired in the late seventies and early eighties.  It provides a very flexible context, to which I thought you provided an interesting twist.

I don't think that I actually have any modern stories on offer here, but I'll send you a PM. Smiley

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »

But does it have rich Corinthian leather?

Beowulf
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »

But does it have rich Corinthian leather?

Only in the fetish section. Wink

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »

*laughs*

Yes, I'm going to enjoy it here.

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »

LOL.. Beowulf, you flirt,  =)

I sincerely hope you do Branwen.

Beowulf
Fella
Hunted

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

LOL.. Beowulf, you flirt,  =)

I sincerely hope you do Branwen.

Hey, the gal came in talking about rope and leather; I was just trying to make her feel at home.  Wink  >Smiley

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »

Guilty!

I should be punished.  (:

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 01:56:36 PM »

*rubs her hands together.*  Well alright then.. this can be accomodated, one spanking coming up.

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »

One?

Stingy...

Yanaba79
Directrix
Operations

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 03:00:27 PM »

Spanking:  the act of delivering a multitude of slaps to a bottom.   

Grin

Exactly how many spanks do you feel you need?

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »

Exactly how many spanks do you feel you need?
Um, duh.  All of them. 

*wiggles*

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

Referrals: 9

I hear voices...

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »

I missed your entire approval process. I hope you like it here Branwen. It's like a nice quiet library, where the muse can run wild in the stacks. >Smiley

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Look that my staves be sound, and not too heavy... So, I am satisfied.
Give me a bowl of wine. I have not that alacrity of spirit,
nor cheer of mind, that I was wont to have. Is ink and paper ready?
                                     ~ King Richard III - Shakespeare
Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »

Thank you, Oreo, and I'm sure I will.  It very much has a different feel, less frenetic.  I like it already.  (:  Your simile is so well chosen.

Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »

By the way, Oreo?

Each horrid vision that spread against the back of her eyes was soon swept away by fleeing feet and flowered fields.

Stunning alliteration.  I loved reading it and had to say it out loud several times just for fun.  Such a good bit of writing!

I think it's alliteration.  Alliteration, assonance and consonance always confuse me!  (:

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

*insert blushing smiley face here* Thank you Branwen. I feel like such a novice that compliments send me scurrying under a rock. I hadn't realized I alliterated until you emboldened the phrase.

Fill me a bowl of wine. Give me a watch. Saddle white Surrey for the field to-morrow.
Branwen
Skirt
Grifter

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »

Are you kidding?  You write like that without having to think about it?

Jealous!  (:

Oreo
Skirt
Wanted

I hear voices...

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »

...refuses to give a sample of how I was writing six years ago. srsly it was bad. And not Michael Jackson Bad.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
World Enough and Time  |  The Hall  |  Please introduce yourself...  |  Enticed and Introduced  |  Topic: Branwen's Introduction
Jump to: